What would your dream snare be ?

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
First off - Let’s make some rules on this .
1) Keep your choice to date me snare only and it can be vintage or modern
2) It must be something you don’t currently own .

So what would it be folks ? What drum that you don’t own would be your dream drum ?

Me personally it would be one of the Paiste Spirit of 2002 snares .

Last edited:

MrDrums2112

"Normal" Drummer
Reaction score
Great question - and I was all set to name one I already have! That said, I’d love to find a very clean cloud badge Radio King. Then I’d be done collecting snares.

fenrir

Reaction score
I'm just looking for a 15" X 6.5" two-piece 1920s Ludwig

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'd love to have a matching mid 60's Jazz Festival for my Ludwig oyster black pearl kit but could never justify the price they demand. I already own my dream snare (Craviotto) but at some point might want to augment it with a N&C shallow-depth single ply snare, a la Phil Collins.

patrickwitherow

Reaction score
I've got a few Brady's and they are ALL amazing instruments. I don't have a 14x8 Brady - so that would probably be my 'dream' modern snare to own one day. I do have a 12x7 Brady Sheoak block for sale if anybody is interested.

Phantomlimb777

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Either a Tama Superstar Rosewood, or a 20’s Leedy Black Elite or Black Beauty. Or AK equivalent.

Trilock_Gurtu

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've got a few Brady's and they are ALL amazing instruments. I don't have a 14x8 Brady - so that would probably be my 'dream' modern snare to own one day. I do have a 12x7 Brady Sheoak block for sale if anybody is interested.
A Brady is in my list, as well. I've played a 14x5, 14x4 and a 12x7...all of them amazing.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Most likely ... a Noble & Cooley 14 x 4.25 SS Snare with a natural gloss finish.
Not sure of the wood species just yet. Leaning towards Tulip or Maple.

... and a really old really nice Ludwig brass nickel snare.

jmpd_utoronto

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
An Adrian Kirchler drum. Not even sure I could pick a specific one at this point - but his work is just so stunning.
Also always wanted an all-wood snare drum (wooden lugs and hoops, the whole deal), like a Slingerland Rolling Bomber or, even better, a Leedy Dreadnaught. Almost had a Joyous Lake at one point, but alas, that was when everything fell apart (at least I got my money back). Also have always thought the Beni Black Russians were super cool.

hsosdrum

Reaction score
Now that I finally own a wood Dyna-Sonic, the only snare drum I still lust after is a Noble & Cooley Zildjian alloy snare. I played one at Valley Drum Shop when they originally came out and still think about the tone and the feel — I've never played a metal snare with plastic heads that felt like that drum under my sticks. It felt more like it had a calfskin head; just luscious. :love4: