Whatever Happened to Steve Gadd?

Zalloy

Reaction score
he is currently doing some club gigs. I just missed his show this past weekend. had to work that day. was bummed.

drummaman1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Again with the loaded questions, you sound like he's retired or something. He has his band when he's not touring with James Taylor. The album they were working on in that video (of the musicradar interview) is up for a Grammy, I believe. Last time he played "home" (where he's from) the show sold out in minutes. The one slated for the Jazz Fest in June, will sell out just as quickly when tix go on sale this Spring.

Dr. Gadd is doing just fine, thank you very much.

R

RickP

Again with the loaded questions, you sound like he's retired or something. He has his band when he's not touring with James Taylor. The album they were working on in that video (of the musicradar interview) is up for a Grammy, I believe. Last time he played "home" (where he's from) the show sold out in minutes. The one slated for the Jazz Fest in June, will sell out just as quickly when tix go on sale this Spring.

Dr. Gadd is doing just fine, thank you very much.

Yes exactly - Vistalite Black loves to make these threads with titles that are either controversial or are misleading attempts to attesct people to read these threads . The more controversial the better .

Last edited by a moderator:

Cauldronics

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yes exactly - Vistalite Black loves to make these threads with titles that are either controversial or are misleading attempts to attesct people to read these threads . The more controversial the better .
I remember pointing this out to him awhile ago. He's more interested in seeing how many replies he can rack up than the actual discussion. It's lke we're on facebook and he wants to feel popular...

icetech

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have never heard of him not working... weird thread.. the part i find annoying is he just keeps getting better.. just wtf :) BTW... listen to chet bakers autumn leaves.. Those little pops on the snare just hurt my head...

singleordoubleheads

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I keep going back to watch him on the Burnin for Buddy rehearsals doing Love For Sale. Cracks me up to read the comments--some of which bust on SG for overplaying/reading too much/playing quarter notes on the ride/etc...

Ridiculous!! This guy CAN and HAS done it ALL!!!!! (nothing wrong with a little "implied time" one the ride once in a while instead of ding-dinga-ding constantly).

Latest posts