Whats a appropriate ballpark price when searching for a 14x5 Ludwig Acrolite black galaxy

D

Drummer1990

I'm looking to add a 14x5 (acrolite with black finish) snare to my collection and a buddy mine is willing to sell his but hes asking what I think is a bit much for it he said 200 + shipping dont know if that's fair or not.

So what is current value range on Acrolite black galaxy edition snares his is in almost prestine condition hoops need a wipe an shine but that's it

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
I sold mine several years ago with factory Imperials for 100 and was happy to get it.
They're being listed for 150 and up now, it's ridiculous.
Hundred-dollar drums, IMO.

CaptainCrunch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Where Black is the color, where None is the number
The nicest one in the world might get 200 bucks out of me, but I’d probably want a case & stand included to make me feel better about it.

“Buddy pricing” would mean I wouldn’t beat up a friend over knocking $50 off, but I try not to buy from friends.

Great drums, but common as bellybutton lint.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I sold mine late last year with original heads, case, stand and vacuum practice pad for $175.....I paid $150....and after the fact was sure I could have gotten it for $125-$135 had I negotiated better. And I was lucky to get $175 for it. Since then I've seen others with case and stand in the $125-$150 range. A stand alone drum is $100-$125. Half of them are mint so that's what I'd go for. Some sellers might price them as low as $60-$90 if you keep your eyes open. They are all over the place. Wouldn't bother having one shipped when it's likely you'll run into one locally this year. With people looking for ready cash, more will be showing up.

$200 + shipping is not fair imo....unless new in the box. That's what retailers would be asking for used examples.

Last edited:
D

Drummer1990

I offered my buddy $150 + $25 s&h he said he'd think on it an let me know...

Anyone wanna sell a Acrolite black galaxy or even a grey shell Acrolite? Hit me up

sammy123

Reaction score
I just bought one here for under $150, but it had some upgrades.

I'd say wait until one pops up for a better price. They're everywhere.

tillerva

Forum Guru...yeh right :p
Reaction score
New ones are $430 FWIW. I don't keep up with new drums and didn't even realize they went back to the base finish.
But yeh, used $150 tops. I've owned several and never paid more than probably $75 to resell. If you're not in a hurry, check your local used listings and GC used as previously mentioned.

D

Drummer1990

I ended up finding a Acrolite black galaxy 14x5.5 for $135.00 shipping included from a user here on DFO. Not sure if I I overpaid but the item was in florida and I'm in NYS

Latest posts