What's a Podcast? Don't Know, But Steve Jordan's on One

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
I haven't heard this yet, but Steve Jordan is on WTF with Marc Maron today for more than an hour.

Edit: Now, I've had a chance to listen to about half of it... In addition to being one of my favorite drummers ever, Jordan is better at talking about drumming than, possibly, any drummer out there.

For a better drum podcast, you should be listening to The Trap Set, which I'm a huge fan of. Maybe you missed Phil Collins earlier this summer? http://www.thetrapset.net/127-phil-collins-genesis-brand-x-phil-collins/

shiek_yerbouti

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I am a regular listener of WTF and some other podcasts. I love being a fly on the wall of a great conversation. Maron does a great job.

I'm only about halfway thru the Steve Jordan interview, but I loved his demonstration of how R&R came to be. So simple and brilliant.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
For those who have heard it, Steve Jordan discusses a Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers track, saying it made him a better drummer (when he was 10).

What was that Art Blakey track? I was in the car... I'd love to get some of that Jordan magic.

J

jaymandude

Blues March

I love Steve Jordan, he's one of my favorite drummers , but that Robert Cray record is a snooze fest.. And I love Robert, seen him a few times

Tmcfour

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
shiek_yerbouti said:
I am a regular listener of WTF and some other podcasts. I love being a fly on the wall of a great conversation. Maron does a great job.

I'm only about halfway thru the Steve Jordan interview, but I loved his demonstration of how R&R came to be. So simple and brilliant.
Maron is a really good interviewer. I like his pod cast better than either his tv show or stand up.

icetech

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I rarely ever listen to radio or music when driving anymore.. i keep a ton of podcasts on my phone and listen in the car.. much more enjoyable than hearing a same song for the 1000th time :)

Slippy

a.k.a "slow feet"
Reaction score
im really into drum podcast, this is my current list..

180 drum
drummer talk
I'd hit that
the modern drummer (mike Johnston)
the trap set

Kendrum

Reaction score
Working Drummer and Drummers resource podcast and drummers weekly groove cast are also good.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Slippy said:
im really into drum podcast, this is my current list..

180 drum
drummer talk
I'd hit that
the modern drummer (mike Johnston)
the trap set
I've been missing "I'd Hit That." I don't think a new one has been posted for more than six months.

I've raved about The Trap Set on here previously. I look forward every week, whether Joe Wong is interviewing Phil Collins or a 104-year-old lady I've never heard of (but who was absolutely amazing).

What I don't enjoy as much are podcasters who try to be instructive with topics like "Here's everything you need to know about snare wires or playing for community theater in two hours." Often, I find that those experts aren't telling me much I don't already know (or don't need to know).

I much rather like to hear drummers talking about drumming.

P.S.: Also interesting that Steve Jordan talked about his career for 90-plus minutes without ever talking about gear.

Marc M

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Actually,he did talk about gear,specifically his Eames snare drum,Steve said he took it everywhere for 3 years,
and it almost seems like Steve may
have asked Marc to work it in beforehand,any way he gave Eames a nice plug/shoutout.

Latest posts