header.nohb.html

What's on your wish list?

idrum4fun

DFO Master
Reaction score
I really want to finish my 1965 Slingerland Modern Solo outfit. I burned off the wrap quite some time ago, accumulated all the proper hardware, including the smooth-shell GK Sound King snare drum and... have done nothing with them! I know this may sound odd, but ever since I received my first drum catalog, the '68 Slingerland, I always drooled over the Modern Solo 2R, with those twin 12" rack toms. It's gotten to the point that I may just send all the shells to Precision Drum and let them work their magic! I've already been in contact with Gary and this just may happen! My wallet will be much thinner, but I'll be one happy camper!!

-Mark

Shells.jpg
07-cropped.jpg

bellbrass

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My fantasy vintage kit for many years now has been a Camco Walnut-finished 22/12/13/16 kit, in great shape, of course.

I would "settle" for a Sonor SQ2 in the same sizes, in Brilliant Champagne or red sparkle lacquer.

drummer5359

DFO Veteran
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the holidays approaching, what's on your drum gear wish list? What have you been wanting, but just haven't made the purchase yet?

Fortunately, I don't really NEED anything right now, but I still have some wishes. :)

Porter & Davies Gigster
22" Paiste Masters Crisp ride
6.5" Tama Star Walnut snare or 7" N&C SS Walnut

And world peace, of course. You?
Great minds think alike. (And so do ours...)

;)

We have the "What's Your Latest Drum Purchase?" thread and the "What have you got on order now?" thread, a Wish list thread is the obvious next thing to ponder. I was considering starting a very similar thread.

Humes & Berg Enduro Pro cases. (More of them.)
I still need several cases to get caught up. Once I have a case for everything, I can (finally) reorganize my practice space. To paraphrase, "A case for everything and everything in its case". I currently have sixty-seven Humes & Berg Enduro or Enduro Pro cases. I think that I need eight more at this point. (If I refrain from buying more drums, like that'll happen...) Today I realized that since January of 2022 I've spent $1,873.71 on cases alone. I have two more Humes and Berg Enduro Pro 5" x 14" yellow cases on order due to show up next week. (I hope.) If they come in that will take me over $2,100 in just cases this year. Yikes.

Zildjian A Custom cymbals.
I have full set-ups of Zildjian A, K, K Custom, and K Constantinople cymbals, over forty, an embarrassment of riches to be told. But... I honestly think that my current band would be best served with something brighter, likely A Customs. I had a full setup of A Customs that I rarely used with previous bands, I ended up giving the whole set to a good friend seven or eight years ago. I've been slowly assembling an A Custom set again as I come across them. Once I finish with the cases, I'm going to concentrate on completing my A Custom setup. (Again.) With my luck this band will fall apart as soon as I have the cymbals together.

Gretsch USA Solid Steel, Gretsch Gergo Borlai Signature, and Summit Mahogany snare drums.
Since August of 2018 I've bought twenty-four snare drums, which brings my total to forty-three. This is why I've been trying to get caught up with cases. Do I need any more snares? No, but this IS a wish list, I have a few more that I'd love to own. A Gretsch Solid steel currently tops the list, oddly I don't currently own any steel snare drums. I'd also like to own a Gretsch Gergo Borlai Signature snare. The last one on my list is a Summit built to the same specifications as my walnut Summit, only in mahogany. For me this is a pretty modest list.

Oh, and world peace...

Last edited:

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the holidays approaching, what's on your drum gear wish list? What have you been wanting, but just haven't made the purchase yet?

Fortunately, I don't really NEED anything right now, but I still have some wishes. :)

Porter & Davies Gigster
22" Paiste Masters Crisp ride
6.5" Tama Star Walnut snare or 7" N&C SS Walnut

And world peace, of course. You?
Yessssss, come to the dark side, you will not regret it! Well, your wallet will but you will still not regret it!