What's the best method to finding an old wrap? Yamaha Manu Katche Junior Kit Floor Toms needs some love!

mabdrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any recomendations?

I have a Manu Katche junior kit, the discontinued model Made In Japan, in a Silver wrap.

It's a special kit to me and the floor tom wrap cracked.

It's this kit here...

I'm a newbie to this type of a search, I tried Yamaha's "live chat" but the person seemed, confused haha.

Any help is appreciated, if this is even possible.

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I would start by contacting Precision Drum Company. They handle a lot of different wraps and are probably familiar with the silver wrap used on the old Manu Katche kits. They can let you know of there's a comparable wrap available today. Yamaha later went to a silver lacquer finish on these 4 piece kits in place of the silver wrap. I may be wrong but to my eye, it looks like the photo in your post is one of the lacquer kits. The wraps had more of a brushed aluminum look from what I remember.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure that's not lacquer, at least my kit wasn't (it was ugly blue cobalt wrap). It is that thinner cheap wrap with "sparkles" but not really - more of a pearly silver. As much as I love Precision, I don't think they stock that lower quality wrap.

I think it is silver mist. Try this guy: