Whats the cheapest you've ever snagged an Acrolite?

poco rit.

Reaction score
Let us disregard the lucky people who got one for free by happenstance. Let us focus on just Acros that you have had to buy with $$$.

My brother plays violin but has a starter drum kit. I wanna try to get him to play more by getting him an Acro. Finding a cheap Acrolite probably happens more often with the vintage one. But let me hear about any year, any story about a cheap Acro find, so that it will give me hope.

squidart

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Came with a kit of mixed bag stuff that I paid $75 for. I'd say it was $20-25 of that. They can still be snagged at the occasional garage sale cheap!

drummer5359

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I few years back Acrolites were going for $100-$120 all of the time. I scored one clean one for $75.

I would polish them up for fun and send them along, if I made a couple of bucks that would be okay. I have not owned one in a while.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tapped on it yesterday I still can't use it/ no room/need/ for her.
I saw it has a tag of $200 I remember offering him $80 when it first came in he said no.

owr

Reaction score
Alright - here's a controversial answer sure to get things buzzing. I owned an acro as a kid, no idea what I paid for it or sold it for. Fast forward, I picked one up "cheap" a few years back for $300 something and have zero regrets. I had in the back of my mind that I wanted to get another one as I had nothing like it in the (small) arsenal. One came up that was perfect, near mint 60s keystone, being sold by a friend of mine here, who got it from one of the bigger collectors. I knew if I got it I would never have to buy and resell, wonder if there were undisclosed issues, etc. Not 1 min wasted searching on eBay, no packing up drums in the garage to resell or standing in line at UPS. I think I actually spent more time writing this post than I spent on the whole transaction. Cheapest used drum I eve bought.

poco rit.

Reaction score
I tapped on it yesterday I still can't use it/ no room/need/ for her.
I saw it has a tag of $200 I remember offering him $80 when it first came in he said no.
Oh dang i thought it was a joke. Lol. I dont know what highway you mean tho

Matched Gripper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Let us disregard the lucky people who got one for free by happenstance. Let us focus on just Acros that you have had to buy with $$$.

My brother plays violin but has a starter drum kit. I wanna try to get him to play more by getting him an Acro. Finding a cheap Acrolite probably happens more often with the vintage one. But let me hear about any year, any story about a cheap Acro find, so that it will give me hope.
I picked up my early 70’s B/O badge Acro about 8 years ago for $100 IIRC. Maybe not that relevant today. Great drum IMO.