WHAT'S THE PERFECT CHRISTMAS GIFT?!

NickSchles

Reaction score
OK, so I got inspired and wrote a little blog post about Christmas gift ideas for drummers... You know, the holiday season is around the corner, and well, I want people to know what to get me, lol.

To be fair though, the kinds of gift ideas I thought about were more on the reasonable budget end of things, as we can't always expect a vintage Ludwig LM400, right?! I thought it's probably cooler to get a care package with tons of fun things to try than perhaps something massive that, in reality, we'd purchase for ourselves.

When it comes to what we do, it's so difficult for loved ones to get good stuff (unless they're into the thing themselves or are master gift givers), that I thought a list like this one could be a useful thing rather than trying to push sales of stuff.

What do you think? Have I missed anything? Feel free to share with your loved ones to give 'em a wink & nudge!

https://nickschlesinger.com/christmas-gifts-for-drummers-2021

Have a great day, people.

Nick

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like. You have Sticks first
(Promuco 2B maple's arrived yesterday- Christmas came early
to Joe house)

Last edited:

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I deal with this stuff every holiday season. Folks come to the shop and they have no idea about drums and they have no clue about what to buy. To be fair, it is extremely difficult to buy something for a drummer if you don't know much about drums, what the person likes, has, wants, uses etc...So actual instruments like cymbals and drums do not make much sense (again, unless you know what the person has in mind and told you). So things that are go to for me are accessories like stick holders, drink holders, Joe's Butler from BDC, drum t shirts, a gift card from the shop for lessons or products.
Informed buyer is the best case scenario but that almost never happens. A generous return policy is a good thing around Christmas :)

MrDrums2112

"Normal" Drummer
Reaction score
I don't want anything for Christmas - just a nice dinner with the family. That said, my father-in-law usually gives me a framed picture of one of my favorite drummers each Christmas, and I hang it up on my Wall of Fame in the drum room.

RogersLudwig

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If someone is looking to buy me a gift, a set of mid-60s Rogers in Champagne Sparkle, 18, 12, 14, 14s, would be accepted. PS: the snare should be a Dyna-sonic. Thanks for asking.

Otherwise, a drumstick is okay, too. Preferably one from a turkey. And some of Houndog's Macallan

Sonar Dave

Reaction score
I don't want anything for Christmas - just a nice dinner with the family. That said, my father-in-law usually gives me a framed picture of one of my favorite drummers each Christmas, and I hang it up on my Wall of Fame in the drum room.
You should show us the Wall of Fame.

VintageUSA

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Let's skip Christmas this year and see if the results are any different......

healthie1

Reaction score
Sticks, snare head, multi-tool, accessory clamp. It's so specific to what people want, without creating more landfill garbage.