What's The Story Behind The Profile Icon/Pic You Uploaded?

dale w miller

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I hijacked a commercial airliner and jumped out the back with a bunch of money.
My picture is an artist's rendering of what I might look like based on descriptions by those that saw me.
The rumors are all over the place. Will you finally come clean and tell us who you really are?

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Reaction score
Some years ago when I was at my storage unit, looking at my phone and reading DFO messages. I realized I hadn't posted a picture yet, so instead of something cool like ANYTHING drum related I put my face up there. Possibly 5-10 years ago.
Time to change it?!! So how do I do that?
Stretch

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Reaction score
EDIT: So it took me all of 60 seconds to figure out how to change the picture, and when I did it actually replaced my face picture in the post above!!!
So here's a picture of my new custom-made-one-of-a-kind-the-only-one-in-the-world 5.5x14 Stave SUPRAPHONIC snare drum. I'll have to start a new thread and talk about it.

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
EDIT: So it took me all of 60 seconds to figure out how to change the picture, and when I did it actually replaced my face picture in the post above!!!
So here's a picture of my new custom-made-one-of-a-kind-the-only-one-in-the-world 5.5x14 Stave SUPRAPHONIC snare drum. I'll have to start a new thread and talk about it.
Please do!

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This or Stamina by Mitch Markovich was my favorite snare solo I learned. It would take me a long time to be able to play it again, but it would probably be worth doing.

tornado.jpg

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine is from Squirrel island in Maine 3 miles off of Boothbay harbor where we have a house and I play in a swing jazz band and a rock band. I have been told it is the oldest jazz band in the country started in 1919.

Crisp, clean air and gorgeous scenery...and the water is cold...I like that.

IMG_0091.JPG IMG_0266.JPG

Last edited:

trommel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My first set, 1965 Ludwig set, which I still use, with some upgraded hardware & more cymbals. I still have the original W & A snare stand, 4 P1400 cymbal stands, the direct pull HH Spurlock stand, and the SK pedals(1965, 2 1972s).

hsosdrum

Reaction score
Nice looking setup. The Fiberskyns look classy.
Thanks! When I was a kid I had a Ludwig Zephyr kit with calfskin heads, and I fell in love with their sound. (They also taught me a great deal about drum tuning. :wink:) The F3s get me close to the sound of calf, but they still feel more like plastic than they do real skin.

Rock Salad

Reaction score
First off, sorry for "liking" everything here but, i did.

mine is of my key chain. It has everything else i need besides sticks and a kit.
drum key (of course)
car keys
key to the collected wisdom of our culture (library card, I love public libraries)