What's The Story Behind The Profile Icon/Pic You Uploaded?

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
I’ve changed my avatars often, and I always alternate between two categories.

After every instance of running pictures of drummers from my favorite band Genesis (and yes, they’ve had quite a capable roster besides just that one guy), I always revert to pictures of drummers I can remember getting my dad’s attention. In this category, I’ve gone with everyone from Johnny Carson, Preservation Hall in New Orleans, and even Radar O’Reilly.

Time for another change, and now I go with two drummers together: he who was my dad‘s favorite and he who was mine, at the time I decided I wanted to be a drummer too.

8D3E6EC5-217F-4939-8ED4-F64B23AA769A.jpeg

pgm554

Reaction score
Mine is of a local liquor store stocking all 5 Bumwines from my misspent youth growing up in western PA.

Check out www.bumwine.com if you were a borderline wino and wanted to reminisce.
buy-all5.jpg

Last edited:

pgm554

Reaction score
This or Stamina by Mitch Markovich was my favorite snare solo I learned. It would take me a long time to be able to play it again, but it would probably be worth doing.

View attachment 444704 .
I remember playing it with a pair of Ludwig 3S's.
I can still do the backsticking.
I remember Vince Colaiuta showing me how to execute the 32nd note paradiddles.
Vince had the entire solo memorized.
I have the first 7 measures committed to memory along with the back sticking passages.

5-521f52819e.jpg

Ickybaby

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My picture is when I met John Waters. It was a really fun night spent with great friends.

SwivoNut

DFO Master
Reaction score
With the big band downtown in my small town playing a benefit concert for Relay For Life. Our daughter took the pic.

Old PIT Guy

Reaction score
I'll probably remove it because it makes a lousy avatar, but it's a drummer guy cut from thick plate steel with a torch. I bought it from a picker who said it was a scarecrow in a garden somewhere in the deep south. He sawed the long steel rod off used to jam in the ground. I'm not sure what the swollen elbows and knees are about. Or the square butt or large belly button. But it's a cool piece. I hung it on the fireplace mantel with a single cut nail. Which means it'll fall and crack the hearth.

Latest posts