what's this board think of the band....think of, know of

Buffalo_drummer

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My friend tells me I need to see this band live to appreciate them. I like some stuff I hear by them, kinda a Stoner/Psych vibe rev'd up. They are coming through town in the Fall, maybe this is the year I go.

Reactions: JDA

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
A real throwback. Glad somebody besides Jack White and RATM is doing well playing two chord guitar lick stuff. What I grew up on and still dig it if it's drivin'.

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of a closet Clutch fan. I'd jump at the chance to see them live.

Throwback kind of hard rock/slow bluesy sound.

Tilter

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clutch is the only band that I'll plunk down my pennies for with every release, without question. I randomly purchased their 'Passive Restraints' EP cassette in 1992 and never looked back. Lyrically, Neil Fallon is on another level entirely.

I've had the good fortune of seeing them five times over the years, and they never disappoint.

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow - what a great thread to peruse, I could spend all night here. Love this band, so much stuff from them that's beyond amazing.

Watching these vids I forgot Gaster's odd cadence, like a goldfish out of water.

Great thread!

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
So one commentor said he'd like to have a band named "Pressure Plate" so that (they) could open for...Clutch..

dig the way of the drummers gear style; RB one time (including the cob snare ) to GMS to Sakae to Loodwig to..
Keeps the cymbals pretty much the same in the Meinl HH zone. But is (not over extravagant) free with his drum which is GOOD. and he has the cash of course but likes usedstuff
(and Elvin Jones T-shirts!)

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
can we make him Saint for the Month

Last edited:

Tilter

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amazing, I hope this thread keeps going, I can watch this stuff all summer long, sugar lol
Their catalog is pretty stellar. With EPs, standard releases, B side nuggets, compilation tracks, live recordings, imports, download only releases, and side projects, we could travel down a serious abyss of a rabbit hole.