What's Your Chosen Ride For Rock?

hector48

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Zildjian A Custom Ping or K Custom.
Paiste 2002 Power ride or Signature Power Ride (discontinued, but easy to find used).
The Paiste rides have excellent bell tones.

singleordoubleheads

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sabian 21" Raw Bell Dry Ride in any of its incarnations: AA, AAX, HH, HHX, doesn't matter. For pop/rock, this is the cymbal of cymbals - in my opinion. Right now, I have only my Sabian 20" HH medium. I like it much.

GeeDeeEmm
Agree! I have the 21 AAX RBDR and it is wonderful with nylon tips--not so much with wood unless they are brand new sticks. Almost ZERO crash ability however, compared to my K Custom and A Custom Ping Rides. My regular A Ping has the "classic" Zildjian" sound that is so ingrained in many of us tho

polycrescendo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
For rock, metal, funk, blues, my 20" K Custom has served me very well for about 18 years now. It has a bright but complex stick sound with a clear/cutting bell. The only thing it lacks is crashability because of the thick edge, but I'm not into crashing my rides so it works for me.

bodinski

the Tingler
Reaction score
22" Paiste 3000 Ride is my favorite for everything. I also love my 22" 2002 Ride & 22" 2000 Reflector Ride, but the 3000 is magic.

Toast Tee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
For rock, I don't think the 2002 can be touched. If ya happened to want crazy bell, that won't wash out, the Paiste 22 inch 3000. Not the brilliant, but the super heavy one with the giant bell

Latest posts