What's your latest drum purchase?

drummer5359

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Gretsch USA Steve Ferrone Signature snare joined the family the other day. It is a Broadcaster with a Cadillac Green finish, and tone control. It is signed by Mr. Ferrone and numbered on a sticker inside, this is number 36.

I don't really care about the signature aspect, but I wanted a Broadcaster, I like the idea of the tone control, and this sort of dropped into my lap.

1594594503864.png

unregisteredalien

Reaction score
Y'all got some gorgeous gear.

Mine's a set of Luddy Neusonics. Bought for a purpose: volume! I love my c.2000 Starclassics but they weren't cutting it with a particular band. I wanted bigger shell sizes and bigger boom in a good-looking and affordable package, and I got it.

neusonics.jpg

A couple of aspects of the Neusonics have gotten a bad rap - specifically the spurs and the quality of the wrap - but I can say I love the lightweight single-position spurs and the wrap on my set is well-applied.

front.jpg

Teamed with a Mapex Black Panther Phat Bob and A Customs and my presence is felt!

top.jpg

lrod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gibraltar 9711GD-DB Direct drive double pedal. This is Gibraltar's top of the line G-class pedal. Since I've done a full switch on all my gear, I'd like to try again a regular double pedal without the centered positioning of my Offset pedal. Plus I've wanted to give direct drives a try for a while. Did a lot of research and landed on this one. All my hardware is Gibraltar and I like it all so I figured I'd give it a shot. Sells for $460 everywhere but I got lucky to pick it up on one of Amazon's blowout sales for $330. As soon as I purchased, it was back up to it's normal price. Just got it today and I will set it up tomorrow.
Screenshot 2020-08-10 at 9.18.05 PM.png IMG_20200810_211232.jpg IMG_20200810_211109.jpg

Cauldronics

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gretsch Renown in silver oyster pearl.
24x14, 16x16, 14x12 (custom made at the factory), 13x9, 10x7.

I just got an email from the vendor saying the kit has been shipped to his shop. From there it goes to me. It should be here in about a week.

There will be a Mapex Shadow snare with it. 6.5x14 birch/walnut shell.

Pics soon!!

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I just purchased this late 90's Premier 2044 snare drum, which should arrive by the end of the week. It's a 4x14 with the cool 610 strainer system. I only have one Premier snare drum in my collection, which is a 60's 6-lug Olympic. Thought it was time for an actual Premier!

Earlier this year I also purchased a 1965 Slingerland Modern Solo 2R kit. It was advertised as a "Jet" due to the COB hoops and snap-on pedal, but is really a Modern Solo with optional COB hoops and pedal. The kit needs a complete restoration, but should look great when complete!

-Mark

Attachments

yyzt4e

Reaction score
Picked this up for 30 bucks. Pearl S-2000, Really like how adjustable it is. Heavy but I will use the basket in my stealth rack.
IMG_2589 - Edited (1).jpg

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My wife got me a new pair Vans. The hard to find black and gray checkered slip-on Spicoli's, but she did score a pair in my size, 11 1/2.

Ludwigboy

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought a 66 Ludwig 22 inch bass drum to finish off my gigging kit. Great drum and a sense of accomplishment too!