What's your latest drum purchase?

Tasty808

Reaction score
Just picked up a second 24” K light ride along with a 22” K Custom special dry crash.

I also snagged a second 22” K light ride for only $220 to use as a crash. The first one I bought sounded too similar to my 24” so I had EFX holes cut into it. Nice to have one w/o the holes in case I want to use it as an actual ride.

Attachments

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
Did you sell the walnut? Matt Flacche posted one with the EXACT same wood grain recently...
Matt and I traded my Walnut for his Cherry. I think I know the snare you’re referring to and it’s not as deep as the one I had but the wood does look very similar.

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Picked up a Yamaha Crosstown hardware pack and extra cymbal stand . I live my Tama Classic series hardware pack but I have been burned in the past with flat base stands on a windy day outside .
I got the Yamaha pack to use for outdoor gigs as they have a tripod base .

Dumpy

Reaction score
24” Rogers bass drum shell and some DW hoop mounted spurs. Next is some wrap, lugs, claws and rods.

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Picked up a 22" Dream Vintage Bliss crash/ride today. Can't wait to hear how it records. It's so dark and washy and sticky all at once.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
Sakae 14x5.5" Steel snare! I wanted a straight steel snare to add to the growing collection of snares and had been eyeing this one for a while. They also make them in 14x6.5" but found the 5.5" sound to be really unique. I already have 5", 6" & 6.5's" so the 5.5" fills a gap. With Drum Center Of Portsmouth's Sakae liquidation prices, this snare (handmade in Japan) was a no brainer at $239. These are definitely a best buy! It arrives in a couple of days!
Screenshot 2020-08-16 at 1.05.45 AM.png

This video showcases just how good this snare drum sounds. Sounds like it costs a lot more than $239. It sounds awesome tuned in any range between low & high:

Last edited:

What It Is

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Gretsch USA Custom Vintage Champagne Sparkle 16-12-14-14. Establishing a good relationship with them. Also bought some Tama Classic hardware, the tom stand and the snare stand. Great stuff and will probably pick up more.

Attachments

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
Just wanted to update on the Sakae steel snare. I just got it yesterday. It's nothing short of excellent. Those Sakae guys really knew what they were doing. The finish and QC is remarkable and the sound is unlike any steel snare I have ever heard. For anyone on the fence, buy one because it's more than worth the ridiculously cheap price that they are selling for. This thing sounds like a snare that's worth 4 times what I paid. And once they are gone, they are gone!

Tasty808

Reaction score
Matt and I traded my Walnut for his Cherry. I think I know the snare you’re referring to and it’s not as deep as the one I had but the wood does look very similar.
I mean, unless the grain is simulated, it’s the EXACT same snare...

Attachments

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Reaction score
I was tired of the semi-untunable, old as rocks powerstroke 3 clear on my WFL 22" BD. So I drove to the local music store and the only non-clear PS3 they had was a Fiberskyn ( I wanted a coated). So I said let's try it, might sound a little jazzier than I like but I have a FS reso as well so I'l try some new stuff. I've been playin with a lot of muffling lately to keep neighbors happy but I still kinda like a thuddy BD. Tuned the batter and reso to a 1st octave D, removed all the laundry and give her a good kick. Holly Geez! I will have to name this one "the perineum shaker"... It sounds way bigger than a 22 should, without any excessive overtones. I'll have to admit I wasn't sold on the whole open BD tone everyone here seems so fond of. Maybe because most folks tune a bit higher than my taste and/or I never quite nailed the tuning myself. With the tunebot it was quite easy. Man now I will have to muffle that back up so I can keep practicing without neighborhood feud. But bruh! I sure don't want to...
20200822_170700.jpg

Lee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
New to me snare; 6.5 x 14 steam bent maple with re-rings in bronze glass glitter made by Jeff Kirsch in Portland, Oregon. Bought it used from Rhythm Traders drum store in Portland.

Latest posts