What's your latest drum purchase?

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Murat at Drummer’s Hangout got in this beautiful N&C CD Maple Kit and it just struck a chord with me . Maybe the finest sounding all maple shell kit I have ever played . The finish ( Honey Maple gloss lacquer ) is my all time favourite drum finish . The pictures are from the first gig I played with them (yesterday).
N&C has made some updates since the last time I purchased an N&C Kit . The bass drum claws are diecast and lined ti prevent your bass drum hoops getting chewed up . They have more substantial floor Toms brackets and have suspension style feet on the floor Tom legs now .

Attachments

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Murat at Drummer’s Hangout got in this beautiful N&C CD Maple Kit and it just struck a chord with me . Maybe the finest sounding all maple shell kit I have ever played . The finish ( Honey Maple gloss lacquer ) is my all time favourite drum finish . The pictures are from the first gig I played with them (yesterday).
N&C has made some updates since the last time I purchased an N&C Kit . The bass drum claws are diecast and lined ti prevent your bass drum hoops getting chewed up . They have more substantial floor Toms brackets and have suspension style feet on the floor Tom legs now .
That is a classy looking set!

sixplymaple

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mapex Black Panther Fastback model, 7x12 Maple Snare. It’s an older model that they stopped making, so I got a great deal on it. It’s the best $250 I’ve spent on a new drum in a while. The shell is on the thinner side and it sounds meaty for a 12”. I am definitely happy so far and haven’t even changed the heads to what I like yet.

I want to try their new 10” Wasp snare too.

Tasty808

Reaction score
Just picked these up from Dragonfly Percussion... Leather, Canvas, and Flannel. I tried all three but as soon as I put the leather beater on, I knew I had a new favorite. The feel is similar to a classic felt beater but heavier.

Attachments

Malc

Reaction score
I've just moved from using Remo to Evans heads and have fitted a set of EC2s inc reso's as well as an Emad2 and Emad reso on the BD.
Not used them properly yet but they tuned up well and have given my kit a really deep boom, especially the FT. Have yet to settle on what snare head to go with but may try the Evans HD?
IMG_20200915_131414257_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200915_131408619_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200915_131359671_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200915_131351725_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200915_130841440_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200915_130833495_HDR.jpg

Attachments

sixplymaple

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've just moved from using Remo to Evans heads and have fitted a set of EC2s inc reso's as well as an Emad2 and Emad reso on the BD.
Not used them properly yet but they tuned up well and have given my kit a really deep boom, especially the FT. Have yet to settle on what snare head to go with but may try the Evans HD? View attachment 460229 View attachment 460230 View attachment 460231 View attachment 460232 View attachment 460235 View attachment 460233
You are going to love how much longer Evan’s heads last, especially coated snare heads.

The HDs and HD drys are my favorite for the snare. The dry version really cuts down the overtone for rock/metal stuff, but I use the normal HD for almost everything else except for jazz.

Also, it is worth signing up on Evan’s website for their “Players Circle” account. You can enter the reward codes from your drumheads and get free stuff. I’ve gotten so many heads for free from the Player Points...

PS Nice kit!

Latest posts