What's your latest drum purchase?

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
That a NICE gift!
One thing I've learned is that size doesn't effect sensitivity.
I've owned 14x10 and 13x3, both were equally sensitive.
Congrats on your latest acquisition. -b

Elvis

Tdipaul

Reaction score
I cant get used to tractor style seats so picked up a basic round Tama unit and then swapped the bases

A 710g/908g pair of early issue Dream Bliss 14's. Based on the handwriting I *think* these might have been originally sold by Chris at Front Range Bronze (remember him?) Loved those days when Dream first came on the scene and he was making videos of each piece (and 22's were ~ $130 each!).

A 70's New Beat bottom for some new sounds combos with the Dreams

Went big with this 14x8 Pork Rub Pork Pie. I like it a lot, tons of body!

Swapped in my favorite Tama Hi-Carbon Steel wires to increase sensitivity

And a 13" Dyno Beat for some new sound combos with some 60's/70's A's already owned

Last edited:

Tdipaul

Reaction score
Picked these goldie's up last week at a S-A and they sound lovely. 12x8, 15x15, 20x15. Based on the tom mount and lugs my assumption is they were made by the Precision Drum Co. of NY for Drummers World - if someone knows otherwise let me know!

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Fellow DFO'r sold me his 20" 60's stamp riveted Avedis ride (2215g), and my wife got me (2) Zildjian L80 cymbals, the 10" splash and the 18" China. Now I will have all the L80's there are to have.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
TdiPaul,

Happy 19th birthday to your new kit.
Those are gorgeous. Congrats. :thumbup:

Elvis

Phantomlimb777

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was in the middle of negotiating a trade for a 22” KCDCR Thin, then I bought this 24” KCDCR from Sinclair, then my Byrne sold and I negotiated a 20” KCDCR. Anyone have any idea for hats?

47A6FA0E-2FB9-4B51-A296-B8B04A0C924A.jpeg
D330FEC4-10A7-4393-B1AB-B65881E1CEC6.jpeg

Deafmoon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Beautiful drum. I'm curious dd you order it with chrome and flanged hoops or is this what N&C offers now? I remember owning a 90's Solid Cherry Snare (sold long ago) and the lugs and posts were brass, the hoops were die cast and the logo was a brass plate. Is that all gone now?

Deafmoon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My most recent purchase was a few months back now and was this locally built Mahogany/Walnut kit with Maple hoops which just so happens to match very closely my Brady Sheoak block snare, also with maple hoops......
. View attachment 425596
For some reason, just looking at this kit makes me think it can resonate the paint off the wall. Especially that floor tom. Must sound awesome!

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful drum. I'm curious dd you order it with chrome and flanged hoops or is this what N&C offers now? I remember owning a 90's Solid Cherry Snare (sold long ago) and the lugs and posts were brass, the hoops were die cast and the logo was a brass plate. Is that all gone now?
Steel triple flange hoops are the standard now . Diecast hoops can be ordered as an option .

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
N&C offers both diecast and triple flanged hoop - You can order chrome lugs as an upgrade. I bough this drum used and that's the way it came - I recently traded it for a N&C Solid Cherry with brass lugs and chrome triple flanged hoops

drumdawg

Reaction score
Ordered a Pearl 6.5" aluminium sensitone.
It came in damaged so I had to return it. Will get it replaced.
I did too! Haven't noticed any damage yet. Hope your replacement comes soon. I have been enjoying it so far. I got it on sale for $275 new so I couldn't pass it up.

Attachments