What's your latest drum purchase?

glaze148

Very well Known Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Waiting for the blue GMS CL 10x12 tom. I also recently found the grayish CL snare. These are both to somehow go with my 3 pc CL bop kit.
The snare makes sense by logically fitting in with the bop kit in terms of keeping the brand and series together. The blue tom could fit in on a snare stand giving me 12x8, 12x10 (blue) 14x14
I typically would only use 2 toms in a bop kit, but trying the blue one in the mix would just be for a goof.
I also might use it for small gigs as a floor tom instead of the 14 ?
This series of drums rarely come up for sale as individual pieces, so I grabbed the odd ball blue one just to have. The blue one was made 3 months before my bop kit in 96 at the Long Island factory.
Who knows. I may need it for lugs someday ?

Attachments

Last edited:

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up this 5” Noble and Cooley Maple SS Fractal snare from Drummer’s Hangout . It was a complete impulse purchase . I had been jonesing for another 5”
Maple SS to replace the one I sold .

Attachments

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is a really nice looking drum. How does it sound?
It is a great drum - personally I think the 5” N&C Maple SS is a must have for a N&C fan .
It cracks and will be a fantastic brush drum .

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I’m gonna post them again! Lol
Summit Drums solid steambent mahogany 8x12, 14x14, 14x20, 6.5x14
84364758-C5E5-4474-9CC1-964DE7F0127D.jpeg
DB6FD543-5BEA-4C26-9FD4-3DEEEE84598D.jpeg

Parcel

Reaction score
Show off your most recent drum purchases here! :headbang:
Show us what you've got!
This is my latest drumkit. Its a Medeli DD309, comes with foot pedals. So u play it like a drum kit.

Put thro a pa, the sound is amazing!

My last acoustic was this one:

Attachments

vintagedrummersweden

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

sixplymaple

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
8-lug Pearl 6.5”x13” Reference birch/maple 20ply snare drum in natural lacquer. I bought this snare with poo-poo hardware, wires, and heads for a steal! I replaced everything except for the throw off, butt plate, and badge with factory new Pearl hardware, Evans heads, and Puresound wires. It‘s actually somewhat rare because of the 8-lug configuration. It sounds perfectly tight & crisp and cost me half the price of a brand new one. :)

Before:

After:

sixplymaple

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Ludwig 5”x14” Bronze Beauty Snare Drum! After reading the posts on here about Ludwig no longer selling bronze snare drums, I had to buy one and this was my choice. I’ve played tons of Ludwig snare drums throughout the years, but none were actually mine. This is my first bronze snare drum, my first 5” deep snare drum, and my first Ludwig brand snare drum! I’ve got to say, I absolutely love the sound of this thing! I’m not too happy with the throw off though and will replace it with a Dunnett in time. Maybe some diecast hoops too. But I did manage to get this for $60 below cost. :)

Last edited:

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I’m not too happy with the throw off though and will replace it with a Dunnett in time. Maybe some diecast hoops too.
Congrats on a great drum! Please don't put a Dunnett boat anchor on the side of it though. The INDe throw is my favorite for replacing Ludwigs, it just looks like it belongs there. And be aware that the die cast hoops will significantly dry up your tone, not sure if that's what you're going for. I don't think I would like die cast hoops on my bronze Ludwig.

sixplymaple

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on a great drum! Please don't put a Dunnett boat anchor on the side of it though. The INDe throw is my favorite for replacing Ludwigs, it just looks like it belongs there. And be aware that the die cast hoops will significantly dry up your tone, not sure if that's what you're going for. I don't think I would like die cast hoops on my bronze Ludwig.
Well too late on both :). I actually ordered the Dunnett throw off & butt plate and top/bottom Ludwig diecast hoops soon after posting lol. Different strokes for different folks I guess, you may be right about the hoops though. I’ll see how I like it. I think I might love it with the drier, more focused sound.

Stickclick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of drumsticks. Gave them to a girl that lives in my neighborhood. She is interested in drums but doesn't have a drum kit (yet). She likes to listen to "Power" by Lil Mix.

SonicTitan

Reaction score
My last purchase was Gretsch Catalina Maple but sold it a few months ago for moving funds. Really fun/tight kit to play (really loved the snare) but really interested in getting a Yamaha SC Hip kit.
20200504_203605.jpg

PhilAycockOfficial

Reaction score
A set of new drum heads for the top of my Kit

13" UV2 Tom Batter
16" UV2 Tom Batter
14" Power Center Snare Batter

and

10pack of musicians gear drumsticks

So far really happy with the difference in attack vs my old coated G2's they sound more open an lively