Zildjian L80 cymbal set
TAMA SPEED COBRA DOUBLE 910
MAPEX BLACK PANTHER CHERRY BOMB SNARE 13x5.5
ZILDJIAN 20”K Ride

Attachments

drummer5359

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just got this polished titanium Dunnett beauty from "Drumbelly". (Thanks Scott!)

Every once in a while a piece of gear that you've long lusted after pops up when you just happen to be sitting on the cash.

I've wanted one of these for a looooong time, particularly with the polished finish. I got to play it for a bit before I went to bed. I like it a lot!

(The photo is Scott's)

Attachments

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Today. A deal I couldnt pass up. A used Gretch Catalna Club (square badge) 12/14/14/18 in Black Marine Pearl. 300 bucks. I have only been looking forever for an 18" kick for 300 bucks or less and I got a whole shell pack for what some guys are asking at least or more for their 18" Catalina kicks by themselves (when you can find one for sale).

(And a set of used 13" Zildjian K Custom Hybrid Hi-Hats for a couple hundred bucks.)

Yay me!

Browny

Reaction score
Picked up a reissue 6.5 acrolite two nights ago and gave it a bit of a run at a rehearsal last night.

It came with a coated amb on top, and Evans g1 snare side (?) underneath with what appear to be some Taiwanese chrome plated wires, possibly 25s. I haven’t changed anything, just had a minor tweak with the head tension.

So far I’m liking it. Just has that classic aluminium tone (obviously).
Very different to the jarrah stave I’ve been primarily playing for years.

Did feel like the snare tension was gradually backing off, I might give the knots on the wires a bit of a check to see if they’re slipping. Otherwise I might have to try and retrofit a rubber washer/grommet or even a spring to try and prevent it loosening.

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Posted a picture of my thick snares on Facebook, a guy was looking for my Crush C4 14x7 cast bronze snare for a good while, so I sold it. Used the $ to pick up a Pearl Reference Cast Steel 14x6.5, 2.5 mm with 2.5 mm rings. Might be the loudest most powerful snare of them all. Not as warm as cast bronze, but cuts incredibly well.

D90C5ECA-B966-45C5-BF22-7DFD51C17AF6.png
1593D958-A2B5-46CB-B267-E4037C1E84A1.jpeg

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I don’t have pictures because it’s all in the mail headed my way but I got a DW machined direct drive double pedal, 12” HH splash and yet another cymbal bag for storage.

sammy123

Reaction score
67 Supraphonic with newer bowtie lugs, which brought the price down quite a bit. I'll send a photo when it arrives. If it's a keeper I might buy a set of Imperials for it.

gmiller598

Reaction score
Just picked up a LM400 from a pawn shop for $200. Some pitting but not the worst I've ever seen. Probably pretty average. A nice brasso/rubbing compound bath and some new heads will do wonders. The P-85 works but is bent like almost all older ones I've ever seen and the snares are in rough shape so I picked up a new P-85 and some puresound customs to put on it.

Latest posts