header.nohb.html

What's Your Latest Drum Purchase?

Trilock_Gurtu

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
In honour of the Manu thread, two new Dream Bliss splashes (8" and 10").

IMG_8717.JPG

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Nothing too exciting but while I can find them I ordered another pair ...they are perfect for both my style of playing and the new small Jazz Room venue I get to play in with trios ....
290315409_1225046088327132_4677629608656792373_n.jpg

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just went to Dave's drumshop in Ottawa. Too bad my phone died mere minutes before going in, there was a LOT of very interesting kits and snares there. (His website doesn't tell the whole story!!)

I just needed a few expendables but still got myself the famous DWSM110 beater to see for myself if it is worth the hype. Will put it on the pedal right this evening...
20220630_170957.jpg

Trilock_Gurtu

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
24 pairs of Los Cabos 5B Red Hickory 'Intense' sticks. I tested a pair of these out before buying these two bricks, and overall I'm very impressed. They're tough, for sure. My snare stick does a lot of rim shots (on mainly die casts), and the stick has dents, but no chips...maybe at some point they will, but very durable thus far. Good price too, close to 50% less than the Vic Firth 5B Freestyle model I was using.

IMG_8754.JPG

RBagg454

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Already posted this in a Remo bass thread, but I'm putting together a rototom set, and picked up this Remo 22" bass for $38 at Music Go Round. Swapped out the trashed heads for some new heads I had...

Attachments

• 20220702_183906.jpg
    20220702_183906.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 9

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
24 pairs of Los Cabos 5B Red Hickory 'Intense' sticks. I tested a pair of these out before buying these two bricks, and overall I'm very impressed. They're tough, for sure. My snare stick does a lot of rim shots (on mainly die casts), and the stick has dents, but no chips...maybe at some point they will, but very durable thus far. Good price too, close to 50% less than the Vic Firth 5B Freestyle model I was using.

View attachment 569490
Love LC sticks. and for the record, I'm in no way an endorser, employee or have any association with the company whatsoever.

Some people will probably chime in with bad comments about batches of LC sticks not being straight. I can't say this has been the case with the ones I've purchased. Although generally, I don't go crazy over straigthness: I just roll them one against the other and if the tips don't wobble, that's good enough for me.

I'm not saying Los Cabos has never had any Qc issues (ALL manufacturers do at some point...) but I've switched to their red hickory 5A about a year ago and I'm not looking back.

They are priced right, sound and feel great and the red hickory doesn't flake, nor breaks like Maple does.

The only thing that sometimes happens when I play live and go dynamically about 25 to 50% above what should theoretically be the absolute maximum velocity, is that small chips may break off the tip. This, while annoying, still happens at a considerably lower frequency than stick shaft breaking used to happen when I played VF maple sticks.

And I have yet to see it happen to one the few pairs I keep at home (and play at sane levels of intensity).

These 2 bricks should last you a good while...