header.nohb.html

What's Your Latest Drum Purchase?

Quai34

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Recently picked up a new powered mixer. We’ve moved to smaller digs down the beach so the music room is not as spandific as it was at the old family home. The mixer is small enough to sit by my floor tom which is very handy, as I can now tweak it on the fly. The old rig was very powerful, but it turns out 2 x 300 watts RMS is more than adequate to keep up with drums, with headroom to spare.

Here’s the new one, temporarily sitting on a milk crate.
View attachment 575566

Replacing this… not the speakers tho, I’m definitely keeping them.
View attachment 575567
Ok, what brand was the old one and what brand the new one, i cannot recognize it?

Quai34

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Finally, after a long discussion and thinking about the choice of hardware, this is my 15"X8" snare that will be between the 13" rack tom and the 16x16" floor Tom. It will ship next week, I cannot wait to set it up, I will have to buy the mics for it then, I thought about Telefunken M80 short version on top and M81 on the bottom. Not until September, I have an in store financing that will ned on Sept 30th...
IMG_4270.JPG
IMG_4271.JPG
IMG_4272.JPG
IMG_4273.JPG
IMG_4274.JPG
IMG_4276.JPG
IMG_4277.JPG
IMG_4278.JPG
IMG_4279.JPG

IMG_4282.JPG

Quai34

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Summit, it took me a long time as it was my first custom made snare but i was inspired by the Tama star reserve 15x8...I got it way cheaper with the summit. So, you have the brass and aluminium star reserve, the Sendan too in orangey ish, right? and what is the first one, in brown, is it a star reserve like the 3 other ones or just a star snare? Ho maybe the mahogany star made for DCP ? in 6,5?

Last edited:

Lazmo

Be excellent to each other...
Reaction score
Ok, what brand was the old one and what brand the new one, i cannot recognize it?

The old...
Mixer - Behringer Xenyx 2442 FX
Compressor - Behringer MiniCom
Graphic 9 Band - Behringer MiniFBQ
Graphic 31 Band - Phonic BEQ3600
DVD Player - No Idea
Power Amp - Vonyx VXA2000

The new...
Powered Mixer - Swamp M210-P
(Note - Swamp Industries is an Australian business and they sourced/branded this mixer)

Quai34

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ha ok, I used a Xenyx 4 channels in the past, my drummer, had one for his IEM, not bad, I have the Mackie Mix8 for him now and I have more mackies, I had the first ones in 1986 when they started and Berhnger copied them almost immediately, well, one year after, I have the compressor in France in a rack, not here with me yet but the Compressor, I think it was the MDX 2600 composer pro, like a dbx 1066 in fact, or a drawmer DL241, I think.

Lazmo

Be excellent to each other...
Reaction score
Ha ok, I used a Xenyx 4 channels in the past, my drummer, had one for his IEM, not bad, I have the Mackie Mix8 for him now and I have more mackies, I had the first ones in 1986 when they started and Berhnger copied them almost immediately, well, one year after, I have the compressor in France in a rack, not here with me yet but the Compressor, I think it was the MDX 2600 composer pro, like a dbx 1066 in fact, or a drawmer DL241, I think.

I also have a Behringer Eurorack MX802A mixer (4 mic pre's and 2 stereo channels) and I’ve had it for ages, maybe almost 20 years, and it has done lots of gigs for FOH in the early days, then later on as a personal drum mixer, at rehearsals, and gets used at home too... and it sounds great and has never ever missed a beat. I know Behringer cops a hiding here, but I've never had any issues with any of their gear. Admittedly, I wasn't on the road or doing a world tour.

I'm going to sell the old PA, but keep the Behringer MiniCom Compressor and the Behringer MiniFBQ 9 Band Graphic. I just have a hunch that over time, they may come in handy, and they have a small footprint, so in the cupboard they will go.

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Summit, it took me a long time as it was my first custom made snare but i was inspired by the Tama star reserve 15x8...I got it way cheaper with the summit. So, you have the brass and aluminium star reserve, the Sendan too in orangey ish, right? and what is the first one, in brown, is it a star reserve like the 3 other ones or just a star snare? Ho maybe the mahogany star made for DCP ? in 6,5?
Yep, the dark is the plied mahogany Star, the orange colored one is actually the 7X14 DCP 10 anniversary steam bent Star Mahogany (in bad lighting) then of course the hammered aluminum and copper... not gonna lie, looking for the right deal on the hammered brass as well!

Quai34

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I also have a Behringer Eurorack MX802A mixer (4 mic pre's and 2 stereo channels) and I’ve had it for ages, maybe almost 20 years, and it has done lots of gigs for FOH in the early days, then later on as a personal drum mixer, at rehearsals, and gets used at home too... and it sounds great and has never ever missed a beat. I know Behringer cops a hiding here, but I've never had any issues with any of their gear. Admittedly, I wasn't on the road or doing a world tour.

I'm going to sell the old PA, but keep the Behringer MiniCom Compressor and the Behringer MiniFBQ 9 Band Graphic. I just have a hunch that over time, they may come in handy, and they have a small footprint, so in the cupboard they will go.
I had a rack 1602 Behringer mixer and it was doing too much nose and him, ok for live but not for recording for me so, I returned it and bought the Tascam..Ok, not same price, 500$ for the Tascam compared to 150$...But I needed clear sound so...
I know they work well, especially the earliest ones because I had tried more recently some of them and they were really very cheap built and not to the standard I wanted but they do have some really good stuff like the X32 mixer, while the User Interface is a bit tricky compared to Allen and Health for example. Don't worry, I'm not police of the web but still, it hurts a bit my principles to buy stuff from a cie that has copied a lot of products. But that's just me. Well, one TC pedal, old one, Phaser XII, 12 phase, the LFO that does the cycling is not working and my tech called them and they says they cannot give him the schematic because it could be copied!!! So, I have a pedal that is useless...But, they do good things for sure.

Last edited:

Quai34

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yep, the dark is the plied mahogany Star, the orange colored one is actually the 7X14 DCP 10 anniversary steam bent Star Mahogany (in bad lighting) then of course the hammered aluminum and copper... not gonna lie, looking for the right deal on the hammered brass as well!
I will buy first the copper because I have no copper and I have the Sonor Benny Greb 2.0 Brass...But the Brass might be also on my list, more than the aluminium, I have a Dunnet Aluminium which is a Supraphonic on steroids so, aluminium will be after the copper and the brass... The issue is that in Canada, they even got increased in price!!! I hesitated a lot for the Mahogany form DCP but it was expensive, not officially a Star Reserve, just a Star, and I was not a bog fan of [email protected], I know shaun is always looking fro deeper snares because it's his mojo to have big and deep and volume but not me...OK, it was only 10 snares done but i still have the Sendan which was a special 70 snares run only...
Well, they might have some left over?? I had no snares at all in 2019 and my idea was to buy a nice collection of cymbals first, that I have, 36 is enough and now, 10 to 12 snares and my project will be done. I have 7, just 3 to 5 to go...

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will buy first the copper because I have no copper and I have the Sonor Benny Greb 2.0 Brass...But the Brass might be also on my list, more than the aluminium, I have a Dunnet Aluminium which is a Supraphonic on steroids so, aluminium will be after the copper and the brass... The issue is that in Canada, they even got increased in price!!! I hesitated a lot for the Mahogany form DCP but it was expensive, not officially a Star Reserve, just a Star, and I was not a bog fan of [email protected], I know shaun is always looking fro deeper snares because it's his mojo to have big and deep and volume but not me...OK, it was only 10 snares done but i still have the Sendan which was a special 70 snares run only...
Well, they might have some left over?? I had no snares at all in 2019 and my idea was to buy a nice collection of cymbals first, that I have, 36 is enough and now, 10 to 12 snares and my project will be done. I have 7, just 3 to 5 to go...
I wish you all the best in putting the collection together. If I had the Sendan I would be VERY happy, what a great drum! They sold all 10 drums in a couple of days but this (#8) came on the market used a few months later at a good price... pretty happy with it though I also had to get my head around the 7" depth.

Quai34

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I wish you all the best in putting the collection together. If I had the Sendan I would be VERY happy, what a great drum! They sold all 10 drums in a couple of days but this (#8) came on the market used a few months later at a good price... pretty happy with it though I also had to get my head around the 7" depth.
Haa, good for you, I wanted a mahogany but when I understood that it was the same family as the mahogany, i said to myself, ok, you already have one, maybe if you want another pure Mahogany, go with Summit if you want a wood oil finish or Noble and Colley if you want a glassy/gloss finish. I will have to take a picture of my snares now that I have 7, not bad for a French keys player guy, hey??? A Keys player lost in a drums forum:happy7:

MitchLyons

Reaction score

Quai34

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ok, so, not completely "drum purchase" but still make good drum sound so, the Arturia Drumbrute Impact in its spot with the rest, in the right corner. I just have to buy a midi splitter to have it received the midi clock from the 1rst Drumbrute and I'm good to go. Midi is also going to the TC Electronic Ditto X4 Looper to synchronize the loop with the drumboxes:
IMG_4332.JPG
IMG_4333.JPG
IMG_4334.JPG
IMG_4335.JPG
IMG_4336.JPG

5 Style

DFO Star
Reaction score
I haven't been buying much gear in years. but I did buy a new kit about a year ago just to have a decent one to leave at a band mate's house for rehearsals... a gently used Premier XPK kit (which really exceeded expectations particularly since I paid just $350 for it). The last thing that I bought was not long afterward and was a used Sabian 20" HH ride. it's only medium weight but feels much heavier to me as the other couple of rides that I had are a lot lighter. I wanted something heavier for the rock band that I was in but also wanted something darker sounding as that's just the tone that I go for (bright cymbals kind of set my teeth on edge!). This thing turned out to be perfect as it's heavy enough to have some presence in the music, but dark enough to have the tone that I like.... and was dirt cheap at just $120. I like the bargains!