jptrickster

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
6C7FBA62-4FBE-4AEF-8528-CF94DA3BA5C5.jpeg

T_Weaves

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I bought a new set of heads for my Prolite kit. Does that count? Clear Ambassadors.

hsosdrum

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gretsch kit #8. . .
Man, you need help . . . ;)

P.S. Just noticed the W&A Buck Rogers stand for the tom (love those!). Did the kit come with that, or do you have a garage full so that every time you add a new kit you can pull the small tom off the BD holder and put it on a W&A Buck Rogers??

Last edited:

michaelocalypse

Reaction score
I picked up some Sabian B8 cymbals for a beginner kit I have. The hi-hats are a version or series I've never heard of. If anyone has info (dates, fun facts) on the Rock Plus B8, I'd appreciate it.
I also got a couple 16" crashes and a 20" ride, all under $200 shipped.

I don't care what they sound like. They're litterally just things to hit and teach my friends with.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 8
  • s-l1600b.jpg
    s-l1600b.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 10

John DeChristopher

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, you need help . . . ;)

P.S. Just noticed the W&A Buck Rogers stand for the tom (love those!). Did the kit come with that, or do you have a garage full so that every time you add a new kit you can pull the small tom off the BD holder and put it on a W&A Buck Rogers??
I love W&A Buck Rogers snare stands too. I love all their vintage hardware.

The kit came with a NOS Buck Rogers snare stand, Gretsch Monster Hi Hat and Gretsch Floating Action pedal. It was a factor in why I bought the kit at the price I got it for. Plus the finish, Mirror Chrome, is a knockout.

To answer your question: I have 10-12 W&A Buck Rogers snare stands (in good to excellent condition), 14 Monster Hi Hats (in various condition) 12-14 flat base cymbal stands and 8-10 Floating Action pedals.

I also have two Rogers swivo-matic snare stands and hi hat stand for my Rogers kit.

And the hunt continues… ;)

hsosdrum

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love W&A Buck Rogers snare stands too. I love all their vintage hardware.

The kit came with a NOS Buck Rogers snare stand, Gretsch Monster Hi Hat and Gretsch Floating Action pedal. It was a factor in why I bought the kit at the price I got it for. Plus the finish, Mirror Chrome, is a knockout.

To answer your question: I have 10-12 W&A Buck Rogers snare stands (in good to excellent condition), 14 Monster Hi Hats (in various condition) 12-14 flat base cymbal stands and 8-10 Floating Action pedals.

I also have two Rogers swivo-matic snare stands and hi hat stand for my Rogers kit.

And the hunt continues… ;)
I used a Buck Rogers from when I was 14 all the way through my six years on the road to rock'n'roll obscurity. I loved it, the Perfection hi-hat stand I had when I was a teen, and the mighty rail consolette tom holder. But everything they made that clamped to a bass-drum hoop always slipped, and heaven help anyone who used one of their hoop-clamp tom holders. (Buddy's last Radio King kit had one and his band boy had to permanently reinforce it with a pair of Vise-Grips.)

1988fxlr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Stopped in to see Frank at Long Island Drum Center today and walked out with way more than the 6” head and pair of sticks I planned on. Got a great deal on a 3 ply 18” Ludwig floor to rewrap with my kit, an oddball three tom mount, some neat old external snare /tom mufflers and a ghost pedal project
F65F4BD6-CFB5-4BDB-8CA8-91FE9C816DED.jpeg

WesChilton

Reaction score
I'm kinda on a bit of a hunt for several types of snare drums I've wanted in my collection for some time... after finding that mint '77 Black Beauty, this came to my attention and the seller agreed to my offer. Hopefully it will sound as nice as it looks! Its an early 1950s Radio King "Super Gene Krupa" model.

I am fortunate to have a VERY supportive wife!

1662670492218.png

purity

Reaction score
I'm kinda on a bit of a hunt for several types of snare drums I've wanted in my collection for some time... after finding that mint '77 Black Beauty, this came to my attention and the seller agreed to my offer. Hopefully it will sound as nice as it looks! Its an early 1950s Radio King "Super Gene Krupa" model.

I am fortunate to have a VERY supportive wife!

View attachment 581927
Any chance you bought this from Rochester Drum Trade? If so, I think I saw this drum the last time I was in his shop. You should love it.

WesChilton

Reaction score
Any chance you bought this from Rochester Drum Trade? If so, I think I saw this drum the last time I was in his shop. You should love it.
Oh no way, you know this drum? Thats cool! Now I'm even more excited. :)