What's your latest drum purchase?

ConvertedLudwigPlayer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
A 6 month old Gretsch Renown kit in Silver Oyster Pearl - 24, 13, 16 along with some also very lightly used K cymbals. I picked up a 1960's Sonor Teardrop kit recently also in black wrap.

BennyK

DFO Star
Reaction score
Treeworks chimes handmade in Kentucky . KIJIJI purchase less than half the price on Amazon .

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
2 Fluid Audio FX50 coaxial studio monitors. I needed monitors to start recording & mixing and I chose these. Fluid has an interesting story that you can read about on their website. They are a small & young US company that's up and coming. They make nice & unique quality stuff that works and at a decent price. They are the type of company (for now) in which you can actually talk to if you have a problem. I like giving small companies like that a chance if they stand behind the products. These seem better than anything else out there in their price range:

fluidaudiofx50-sdkFzR.WcXkM85my3FBXuUJatxX8E0Gs.jpg

Koss Pro-4AA Headphones! I wanted some over ear headphones with better isolation for playing than my Audio Technica's (I'll be using those for monitoring). I read a thread here where some people swear by them. $68 on Amazon so I figured, why not? All I can say is that I can't believe these things have been around forever and I had never tried one. The isolation is incredible, the sound quality is great and it's built like a tank. Very heavy but that doesn't bother me. I'm used to using David Clark aviation headsets in the past for hours and those are super heavy. I used the Koss for a 2 hour session yesterday and 2 hours today and no fatigue. I looked at the GK Ultraphones which I know people say are the best for isolation but as good as they may be, I personally didn't want to pay $240. The Koss weighs 1.5 lbs. and has a lifetime warranty. All I know is that for $68, you can't beat these for what they are!
pro4aa_product_glam_shot_image_2.jpg

Last edited:

Houndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Cool. What do you think?
The singer I play for told me bright cymbals really bother her and there I was with a bunch of A's .
I had thought of getting a set of the meinls that everyone is playing these days , but when I heard the video of these cymbals
I heard a bit more "musicality" . She and I are very happy with them . I can lay into them without overpowering things .
I call them " deliciously nasty " They make the dark K crash i already had sound bright ..

Heartbeat

Advanced Heart Guru
Reaction score
I saw one of these 6.5" Acros online and fell in love! Tube lugs, keystone badge, P88AC throw AND P35 butt! I already have a 6.5" B/O badge Acro, so I knew it would sound incredible. Had my Ludwig dealer, Tony at 2112 Percussion, call up Ludwig and he ordered their remaining stock.

I put Gretsch 302 hoops and a coated CS dot on it. Sounds like pure rock and roll. One of my favorite snares.

LudwigAcro_ks_6-26-20_2_sm.jpg