header.nohb.html

What's Your Latest Drum Purchase?

Michael C

Reaction score
Finally got a maple snare to add to the kit. I like it! I‘v only had metal snares so far (I am new drummer). I like that it is a little warmer. Also, I was goofing around with different wires on it and tried some 30 strand that sound neat. I thought the clear maple would look nice with the hoops on my kit.

9A19D30C-9E08-4C9F-8AFD-22EB5258F870.jpeg
FFBB6BEC-2F17-473E-8834-55AD02E8D3A4.jpeg

Quai34

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well, not good for the bank account but as soon as you start discussing with Gary at Summit drums, you have to buy some snares from him.
So, I thought I would never buy deep snares and at the end, I got my 15x8 Walnut from him but as you may know, it's also a 15" Tom with a crazy good Tom sound. So, I was thinking to tune it up a bit up but then, I would loose the Tom sound that was so tough to get.
Well, the solution might be to have another deep snare? And he had one in stock, 14X8, Beech / African Mahogany / Beech.
I hesitated but he told me that this one had an exceptional sound so, I could understand why, his Mahogany snares are great and with beech, the two woods configuration should bring a lot to the table, so, I posted a deposit and I just have to pay the balance when my Christmas gift and anniversary cash will come from my Mom within the next few weeks:
Below are his pictures:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Quai34

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

Neilrush88

Reaction score
I bought a SLP spotted Gum snare (for the good reviews from some members here!) and got a nice deal for a remo 6-8-10 rototoms for my practice kit, these days they'll arrive, I cant wait!!

I’ve had much work and not time for uploading new pics…so here we go.

First, I got new new heads (Controlled sound and Side ambassador Remo) for my Omar Hakim Snare, It got a new air!!

IMG_20221113_171605933.jpg

Then my new The SLP SG snare is a really nice drum with unique voice. I think it has similar characteristics of the African mahogany wood (warm, deep low tone, full body) but with steroids. It is the loudest wood snare I’ve had, similar to some metal snares I have. Very cutting snare, much sensitive and articulate, strong cross-stick, enhance the mid-low ranges in general, In lower tuning sounded like a 14X10 snare LOL. Also It isn’t too dry or focus as some people told, it has right resonance and doesnt need any muffle, similar to the OH snare and other metal snares with die-cast hoops…what I like.

In my preferences I’m more 4-5.5 deep snare and brighter sound but in general is a fantastic versatile drum and very high recommended. I’d love that snare in a 4-5 depth.

Also in this particular snare has a marked wood grain, with the light, clearer wood grain looks more yellow giving a nice looking.

IMG_20221113_172543952.jpg
IMG_20221113_172643973.jpg
IMG_20221113_172720434.jpg
IMG_20221113_172832450.jpg

jptrickster

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ho my god, that's a beautiful snare, massive!! I have an 8" and cannot believe you could have some with 10" depth...
I think it's been a well kept secret! I always associated parade marchers with 15 and + inches until I stumbled upon the mahogany 14/10 and instantly fell n lv with it. The depth and body of sound is amazing. I've had a couple 8's a Slingerland Magnum Slapshot and Ludwig Colosseum....this is a different kind of beast! If you like a jazzfest or the big brother Auditorium model you'll probably love one of these.

bob e michael

DFO Master
Reaction score
You guys can put your 8’s away. Step aside for the big 10 inch Wmp just strutted in!
It’s official I now have a 14x10 collection

You guys can put your 8’s away. Step aside for the big 10 inch Wmp just strutted in!
It’s official I now have a 14x10 collection going on
View attachment 592689 View attachment 592686 View attachment 592687 View attachment 592688
i can have just as much fun with my 8'' , as you guys can have with your big ones ...

Quai34

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ok, as you know I was in the market for a Metal Snare as i have only tow in my collection...And of course, after all the good advices you all gave to me, i was browsing like Crazy yesterday until 4 am and found these beautiful Tama SLP G-Maple (What the G stands for????) Gloss Zebrawood finish and as the SLP are kind of sprcial (I was close to buy the SLP GUM...), I told myself that some metal snares like the Starphonic Alu would be there for a long time as well, so, I bought it...At Musique Gagné, he did a good deal, taxes and shipping included for 700 CAN$, correct...I might be able to buy the metal one instead of Buying one of the Star reserve I was thinking about.
I have no Black Hardware and it looks cool and I have no 7" depth so, good for the collection.
Photos from the store:
SLP G-MAPLE 1.jpg
SLP G-MAPLE 2.jpg
SLP G-MAPLE 3.jpg
SLP G-MAPLE 4.jpg
SLP G-MAPLE 5.jpg
SLP G-MAPLE 6.jpg
SLP G-MAPLE 7.jpg

No.15

Reaction score
So some of you may have seen I was looking for a new kit. I am building a workshop that will include a dedicated practice space, for me and my son. My son's band gigs on the regular and they need space. I want to leave my first kit in my house and have this second kit in the "studio".

So I was looking for silver sparkles but I ran across this kit and was kinda drawn to it. So I just purchased it on a whim. I've been playing it for 3 days now and I think I am in love.

Anyway I could not take any pics that captured the color very well. So this is the sellers pic, it does a better job of getting the color but still is a little off. It's like 1970's kitchen green :)

fylndjsifpo5i3ck9wzl.jpg

712drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Bought this 60’s Ludwig 16” floor tom a while back. Added it to my more modern Classic Maple Ringo kit though it does sound very different from the classic maples.
Might sell this in the future. We’ll see.
Now thinking of maybe selling the classic maples eventually and building a 3 ply black oyster kit with orphans instead.

Last edited:

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Five more pairs of Bopworks Birdland sticks (the tips tend to chip), and this:

Tama CW

DFO Master
Reaction score
I bought the bongo toms 9 months ago for my kit. Thought they would be a nice addition. The original 8" RK head was too torn up to use it. It took me
9 months to figure out exactly what I wanted to do with it. Well, today the replacement head came in. Sizes are 6, 8, 13, 16, 20, 22 and 5.5x14 snare.

IMG_7568.JPG

Last edited: