Wheeled thrones - Yay or Nay?

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I thought this came up a few years ago - you mean wheels that lock when playing or do you want to actually roll around while drumming? Makes no sense - your body weight is anchored with the stool and if you start playing, your arms and legs will actually push you away from the kit (and off the stage?)....don't know the scientific term for it (action - reaction?)......survey says "X"!

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
No no. I think they're meant so you can go from the drums to your desk top computer to, the dinner table, back to the drums, then over to the bathroom, back to the computer, over to the TV, to the front door to let the dog in, over to the refrigerator to get a drink, back to the drums, over to door to get the paper, into the living room to look for the remote, back to the drums, and then over to the couch, to nap.

Then back over to turn out the lights and turn the night lights on, then over to...

Last edited:

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
No - I don't think that's something I would ever feel a need for. I think it would just add weight and reduce stability.

There are a lot of popular products out there that I feel the same way about though, so don't let me influence you. If you try it, then let us know how it works out for you.

Tmcfour

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Naaaaaaaaaaay! I would kit myself off the riser and end up on the floor. If I were already set up the floor I would send myself across the room and have to fight it the whole time. No way, no for me, uhuh, nope, niet, nien.

Houndog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I sat in on a kit with casters on the chair , I took the casters out between sets .
I was friends with the drummer , and yes I did a bit of smack talk about why in the
heck would you bring your office chair to a gig !!!!

kallen49

Reaction score
I have used a (discontinued), DW canister throne with wheels for about 11 years, 100’s of gigs. The expandable PVC version, has a comfortable padded top, always the exact same height, almost indestructible. Someday I may need to replace the wheels. I have always wondered why it never was more popular presumably was too expensive?

Latest posts