Wheeled thrones - Yay or Nay?

gwbasley

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have used a (discontinued), DW canister throne with wheels for about 11 years, 100’s of gigs. The expandable PVC version, has a comfortable padded top, always the exact same height, almost indestructible. Someday I may need to replace the wheels. I have always wondered why it never was more popular presumably was too expensive?
The wheels retract, right?...like when you sit on it?

kallen49

Reaction score
Like “Go go gadget wheels retract”?...no the wheels are on an axle and the axel passes through the moulded pvc base. Just checked Reverb, an expired listing for one like mine was asking over $500 and DCP has the current version for $999, no wonder mine is the only one I’ve ever seen...

Houndog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Like “Go go gadget wheels retract”?...no the wheels are on an axle and the axel passes through the moulded pvc base. Just checked Reverb, an expired listing for one like mine was asking over $500 and DCP has the current version for $999, no wonder mine is the only one I’ve ever seen...
I'd imagine it has only 2 wheels and doesn't roll when you sit on it ..

TPC

Reaction score
My dad was a dentist and we had a few leftover detist stools at home. Heavy duty, four wheels, thick pad, spin it (screw it in/out) to adjust height. Fine piece of equipment for it's intended use. I used one as a drum stool for quite awhile. I'd just rope it to the bass drum and it worked OK. But, on shaky stages (think thin plywood on top of a pool table), it could get rather harrowing as you start to roll toward the back edge. Generally a very bad idea.

CSR

Member since May 2000
Reaction score
No no. I think they're meant so you can go from the drums to your desk top computer to, the dinner table, back to the drums, then over to the bathroom, back to the computer, over to the TV, to the front door to let the dog in, over to the refrigerator to get a drink, back to the drums, over to door to get the paper, into the living room to look for the remote, back to the drums, and then over to the couch, to nap.

Then back over to turn out the lights and turn the night lights on, then over to...

Isn’t this called a wheelchair?

Latest posts