When Steve Maxwell Says It’s the Best Gretsch He’s Ever Played…

scaramanga

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I feel bad for hijacking this thread....but....I wonder where all those mint Camco kits are these days? In the closets of grumpy old drummers? Japan? I chatted once with a collector on this forum...he told me that, since the prices on Camcos had come down, he would never sell until it goes way back up. I guess they are being held like stocks?
There are a couple nice ones here: https://www.chbodrums.com

Possibly my favorite drum shop.

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
Like Father Like Son..

thenuge

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Like Father Like Son..

I love the aesthetic of these videos. Sort of hostage video meets Eraserhead.

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You players under 40 yrs old should cherish an operation like Maxwells because times are moving so fast, you will be dealing on line for most pf your gear, sooner than you think. Appreciate what Steve has to offer right now, its all going to change faster than you want it to.

Markkuliini

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I,d say he is working very hard on demos. He knows how to tune them properly to get the most out of the drum and shows their range. He has very fast hands and plays like the great drummers from the era the drums were made. Its a win/win situation. Can you imagine what the demo would sound like if some stiff wristed, all arms,2b,stick playing, rock clown sat down and played INDAGODADAVIDA on that kit?:santa:
Hmmm... I always wish he would give us just individual sample-like hits on each drum, before starts rolling on them at high speed. Don't see why he couldn't/shouldn't do both. Hitting each drum once or twice would take under 10 seconds, and give us better idea of their sound.
Don't get me wrong, I think they are okay, but with a little extra effort they would be great.

Last edited:

Latest posts