When the 5b’s just aren’t cutting it anymore....

supraphonic

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Picked up these fibes 5s giants.
I’ve never seen a pair of these before,
I’m guessing store advertising or something?

Attachments

• 6D389B34-BEB2-4E28-81F4-EAA93C71ABF3.jpeg
    6D389B34-BEB2-4E28-81F4-EAA93C71ABF3.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 72

supraphonic

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think they’d destroy anything they touch. I’ve just put them on the drum to show the scale. I think they are around 22” long.

I picked them up on a local auction site. I’m guessing 70’s era or around then. I’ve seen the promark ones around but never a fibes pair.

becken

Reaction score
Even if I were wealthy, I just can't see abusing equipment. But ...... each to their own! I'm still an admirer of Bun E., and Cheap Trick, but ..... oh well, its all rock & roll!

1988fxlr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Coincidentally, I found a stash of NOS Fibes double butt end 1a at a shop recently. They scare me on any of my cymbals other than heavy 80’s-90’s A and Z customs. Those are a whole nother level of brutality

p83

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if I were wealthy, I just can't see abusing equipment. But ...... each to their own! I'm still an admirer of Bun E., and Cheap Trick, but ..... oh well, its all rock & roll!

bun e says - ''those old slingerlands could take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. modern drums would turn to sawdust.''

dcrigger

DFO Star
Reaction score
Bun E's joke aside - it would take far more than 2S's played properly to even begin to abuse our equipment. I've personally never found drums or cymbals to be all that fragile. Sure you could easily dent some diplomat heads and I did be careful with paper thin splashes - but heck that's no different than with more regular sized sticks.