When You Ignore a Member ?

Beatnik

Johnson
Reaction score
Simple question, when you ignore a member why do you still get asked if you want to view their posts ? I wouldn't have ignored them if I wanted to see their posts. Is there a way to make them completely disappear ? Is there something I'm missing ?

It does this on other forums I visit.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Anyone else run into this? I've never put a member on ignore, so I'm not sure of the details. Hadn't heard this question before. Maybe someone knows.

Mike

stickinthemud

DFO Master
Reaction score
You will see a message that shows the poster's screen name, but not the post itself. There will be a link that gives you the opportunity to view the post.

Beatnik

Johnson
Reaction score
Yes, I've noticed that. If some one decides to go to the extent of ignoring a member/members why would they want to see that ? That's like half ass ignore. Don't press the red button.

Beatnik

Johnson
Reaction score
Piggpenn said:
Crap, how do you un-ignore yourself?

Did you post show?
Should say something like this even though your ignoring yourself.

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Piggpenn. View it anyway?

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
BeaTniK said:
Simple question, when you ignore a member why do you still get asked if you want to view their posts ? I wouldn't have ignored them if I wanted to see their posts. Is there a way to make them completely disappear ? Is there something I'm missing ?
Sometimes terrible people have useful information. So if it looks like an ignored person has responded in a thread that is about something where I really want an answer, I might click to view that post.