header.nohb.html

Where are your drums located in your house?

yetanotherdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Mine are in the basement. While we did make a drum room for my stuff, it is still a basement.

Aside from when I was a kid with a practice pad, I think that my drums have always been in a basement.

IMG_0629.jpg

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
In the basement, electronic kit I just acquired is right against the acoustic kit that I'm thinking about selling. I have a cheapo acoustic kit on the shelf above it.

I split the basement with the ol'lady, she makes soap in half of it, I have drums on the other half. With the occasional mild turf war here and there mind you, nothing major. She wants to switch sides, I don't want to blow a half of a Saturday moving stuff. I'd rather use that time playing it.

1663857976164.jpeg

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My drum room is upstairs. Still a work in progress. It will be a dedicated room just for music. I will have guitars hanging from the wall as well as basses. I'll have a guitar amp setup, a bass amp setup, a miked kit and have it ready to go to do 8 track digital recording. I have of the equipment, I have already bought paint and flooring and wall treatments. I just haven't taken the old furniture out because it's a pain in the neck and I have to break it down piece by piece The plan is to have a big kit set up as well as a jazz kit, and a bunch of stacked kits.

But for now, there's a few kits up there in various conditions of assembly, I have a kit in our game room, I have two kits in my home office, and all the rest of my kits are stacked in the garage.

DrumPhil

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine are in the basement as well. The good thing about it is that the neighbors have never complained about noise; the basement location keeps the sound pretty much contained to our house, even when the band rehearses there. The bad thing about it is that I have to carry my gear up and down stairs every time I have a gig. I am so tired of that!

TPC

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a shed/studio next to my house.

25x25 "sticks and siding" construction. I put a layer of Rockwool behind a layer of canvas, which tends to help dry out the internal sound, as well as reducing the outgoing volume a bit. I also installed a series of "alternating arcs" on the ceiling to disperse waves. Sounds pretty good in there. I do all my recording in there, mostly with my septet. No neighbors close by, so I can play as loud as I want, as late as I want. This was a crucial decision in buying this particular house.

Increasingly, it's becoming a storage spot for all the extra crap we tend to acquire, so I have to spend 1/2 day emptying stuff out on recording days.

Shed.jpg

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
My Roger's kit is one of our bedrooms that I've turned into a studio of sorts. It's not the biggest bedroom so it's a bit cramped but that's all we have room for. My other kits are in storage off of our carport for easy loading for gigs.