header.nohb.html

Where are your drums located in your house?

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
My drum studio is...SHOCKINGLY...in my basement.

When the kids were little we made their playroom out of the larger basement room and I got the next biggest one. These days I could really use the extra space but it would be a pain to move everything. Their room has a couple gigantic heavy bookshelves and I recently built some metal industrial shelving in my room.

bigbeat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A practice kit in a spare bedroom. No basements in Florida. Other kits are packed up ready to go in the garage. Luckily neighbors can't hear me.

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
82087552-C8F6-4353-A8CB-11CDED680721.jpeg

978F323E-5E97-4E64-8C30-50DB9D4A0775.jpeg

spazapproved

Reaction score
I built a drum room in the basement. So happy I did. I wish it was bigger thought but I have a lot of gear. So beggars can't be choosers!

Tornado

DFO Star
Reaction score
We don't have basements here either. I'm jealous. I've heard a lot of reasons, the expanding/contracting clay, high water table, etc. I think these are solvable engineering problems, but they are problems. The most compelling reason I've heard is that in colder climates, you have to go so deep with pipes that it makes sense to keep going and make a basement. And that's unnecessary here, and quite expensive for something not necessary. There are some very old homes here that do have basements of some sort, but they are rare and probably quite damp.

goodcat1337

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to be able to have a dedicated music room in our new house we moved into at the beginning of the year. I used to be like most everyone else and had to put my kit down in the basement, but the new house doesn't have a basement. No pics at the moment though.