header.nohb.html

Where are your drums located in your house?

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
I wish basements were a thing in the south. I'm never buying another house on a crawlspace ever!

Azoth

Reaction score
Mine are in the basement. While we did make a drum room for my stuff, it is still a basement.

Aside from when I was a kid with a practice pad, I think that my drums have always been in a basement.

View attachment 583863

Garage. But it changes if I'm recording. Then I lug them up to my studio/TV room...until my wife asks, "you done yet?"

IMG-4421.jpg

SKSMITH

Reaction score
Finally finishing my basement to allow so drum set up.
Two more to set up & need a throne for the Luddy Standards.

Attachments

• Ludwig Standard.jpg
    Ludwig Standard.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Pearl MX US Maple-ET.jpg
    Pearl MX US Maple-ET.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Spirit Of St Louis Duplex.jpg
    Spirit Of St Louis Duplex.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 21

INeedDrumLessons

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m jealous of all these basements…
I’m guessing it’s a lot quieter for the neighbors???
Sucks living in Oklahoma doesn’t it? I lived in PA for a number of years before I moved back and basements are standard there. Damn this red clay.

Bonzo442

Reaction score
S
How are y’all holding up today with Ian’s arrival? My fam in Ft Myers and Punta Gorda bailed up to Lake Wales. My in-laws are staying put in their condo and my parents (still in the house I grew up in) stayed put in Bradenton as well.

Hope you don’t have it too bad being the storm’s a bit north….
orry just saw this the power was out a couple of days as well as the internet. Hope you’re family is ok as well as mine some lost everything my daughter’s job Doc’s beach house was destroyed. My good friend & bass player rental home was hit hard and he lost his equipment. I have a lot to be thankful for just minor damage.

Attachments

• 6F247468-7CA0-4332-B5C0-4B0B6EA6C632.jpeg
    6F247468-7CA0-4332-B5C0-4B0B6EA6C632.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 19

Formula428

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So very fortunate to have a dedicated music room / recording studio in the house. 19' x 15' with a vaulted ceiling front to back 7.5' to 10.5' with full acoustic treatment.

Attachments

• 20200523_172340.jpg
    20200523_172340.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 20191019_115023.jpg
    20191019_115023.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Bonzo442

Reaction score
Wow! So basically a drum room/jazz club.
I’m so enjoying the new space it’s basically a mancave practice room much nicer than my old basement but I also used that as a mancave as well. The difference is now I can play anytime without complaints!

Michael M.

Reaction score
My drum room is upstairs. Still a work in progress. It will be a dedicated room just for music. I will have guitars hanging from the wall as well as basses. I'll have a guitar amp setup, a bass amp setup, a miked kit and have it ready to go to do 8 track digital recording. I have of the equipment, I have already bought paint and flooring and wall treatments. I just haven't taken the old furniture out because it's a pain in the neck and I have to break it down piece by piece The plan is to have a big kit set up as well as a jazz kit, and a bunch of stacked kits.

But for now, there's a few kits up there in various conditions of assembly, I have a kit in our game room, I have two kits in my home office, and all the rest of my kits are stacked in the garage.
You must not have a basement. Nor do I. My drums are in every room except the kitchen and bathroom.

owr

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
About 4-5 years ago I built a dedicated (small) drum studio in the backyard so I can keep all my gear there. It’s fairly sound proof, so my wife, daughter and neighbors don’t have to deal with the clutter or noise. Life is organized and grand.

Well, actually that not totally true, the room is small, so I cant store everything in there and still have room to play. So I keep a kit + a few bags of cymbals neatly stored on shelves in the closet of our spare bedroom / home office. But it’s all stacked neatly out of sight, and the closet doors close hiding the clutter.

On second thought, that’s not really true either - there is one kit (an old sonor jungle kit) stacked in the corner, but I’m going to sell that soon, or give it away to some kid. So no drums outside of the closet soon.

Except for that stack of cymbals against the wall, I’ve been meaning to put those away, but they look very cool, especially that big 24” trans stamp. But that’s it.

Actually, hold up, I do keep a kit in the garage in bags ready to go for rehearsals and gigs. I just pop open the garage door and it’s a 5-10’ walk to the back of the car. Very convenient and it’s on my roller cart so can be moved easily as needed. Except it pretty messy in there, so it mostly doesn’t move much. I have 2 hardware bags there as well, and a pair of old cymbals I bought that must have been cleaned with kerosene or something and are too stinky for the house. But that’s it, really.

Wait

Oh yeah, there is my last kit, stacked in the corner of the laundry room. My wife hates it but it’s better insulated than the garage, and this is my old nostalgic kit from my 20s that I don’t play much but can’t sell. So I want it stored somewhere safely. But it’s neatly stacked. Except for my snare and cymbal bag from my last rehearsal. I must have left those there, I typically bring them in the house, but forgot.

So yeah, drums are everywhere.

MikeO'Krongly

Reaction score
L
Love your tymps! You play 'em? What make are they? I can't read the pedals.
Thank you, my friend. They are Ludwig Symphony fiberglass tympani painted platinum. I am going to be touring with a Clapton tribute show and they will be integral; White Room, Can't Find My Way Home and embellishment on several other songs. I have them positioned so I can play them standing and quickly sit down at my kit using Zildjian mallet/sticks.

Attachments

• CLAPTONATION Logo01.png
    CLAPTONATION Logo01.png
    204.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Goodbye.jpg
    Goodbye.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 8
  • DOL_9351_FullSize.jpg
    DOL_9351_FullSize.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 8

Jazzhead

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Some drums in cases in the garage, electronic drums in my bedroom/office, 4-piece kit in the corner of living room.

Wally Hershey

Reaction score
I restored a 160 year old bank barn, and made the old hay loft my drum room.

View attachment 583885
Bro, 1 day I'm heading north from Wisconsin to your place.! And thanks for putting up the pics of the kits when I asked for them. Loved all the kits as well as the barn. If you roll in another monster kit keep me in the loop. PS, I'm a basement guy. Old Wisconsin Cheese Factory. It contains the Rav that gets me to work, the furnace that keeps me warm and the drums that keep me sane.

Last edited: