Where can I get Regal 8A Maple

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Forum member Murat may still have some in stock at his shop Drummer’s Hangout - I know he has a bunch of Regal Tip Jeff Porcaro in stock as well .

Some similar sticks for you to try are :
Vater Mike Johnson
ProMark 717
Zildjian Dennis Chambers Signature .
Vic Firth Keith Carlock - this is what I am migrating too since Regal Tip doesn’t seem to be getting sticks out .

You can order direct from Regal Tip but their plant is closed during the Pandemic and Michelle Calato only comes in once a week to check emails

I use Regal Tip 8a in both Maple and Hickory as well .

Last edited:

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
Something's must be up at the Regal Tip factory. Lots of sizes are out of stock. A couple of stores show restock dates of 06/18/20. First thing I would do is call Regal tip directly and ask them what's going on.

multijd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Something's must be up at the Regal Tip factory. Lots of sizes are out of stock. A couple of stores show restock dates of 06/18/20. First thing I would do is call Regal tip directly and ask them what's going on.
Read above.

mkelley

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Did they finally start shipping? Pre-pandemic, they were retooling but didn't warn their customers. So they had orders and were not shipping. After a month, I had to dispute the charge. I purchased from them in January so I had some sticks. I played them for years so I'm disheartened at the recent turn of events.

RickPlaysDrums

Reaction score
Hope you're not playing extremely hard, especially rim shots, 'cause you'll most certainly break maple sticks in half.

Just speaking from my own experience.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Hey Irod... you just bought a $3000 dream drum set. Stop looking at online music stores and go play!

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hey Irod... you just bought a $3000 dream drum set. Stop looking at online music stores and go play!
Lol! I wish! I'm in assembly mode right now. And I've got more pieces coming in thru Friday. Hopefully I'll be partially setup over the weekend to do some playing.:)

Reaction score
As mentioned before, prior to the Covid crap they were retooling machinery. Then the Gov. in NY shut them down for the Pandemic. That's the last I spoke with them. Now that things are opening back up I'm going to be reaching out again soon, as I'm starting to run low on sticks. Will keep you all informed when I hear any new info.

kenshireen1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I called Calato today and nobody answers any of the prompts. This seems to happen every year.
I am willing to switch to Vater 8a but I have never seen one. Anybody out there have both to compare.
I know they are the same length and girth but don't know about the tip size or balance.

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The Vater Mike Johnson model comes in both hickory and maple - I am considering switching to this stick if Regal Tip can’t get their act together .

I am also considering the Vic Firth Keith Carlock model as well . Keith was a Regal Tip Endorser and how Vic Firth stock has the double glaze finish that is similar to Regal Tip’s finish .

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Another maple option for Kenshireen would be the Headhunters Bop model - it is a really nice maple stick for a very competitive price