Where do I introduce myself?

Philly James

Reaction score
Thanks RK! I’m a guitar player mostly, but the drums was my first instrument. I joined because I have a vintage Slingerland kit that I want to restore, and eventually play again. Looking forward to “meeting” some of the folks here.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome, James. Just jump right in by showing us detailed pictures of your Slingerland kit, and tell us what you want to do to them. We'll be glad to make suggestions, even on things that you may not have noticed.

Looking forward to it.!

Philly James

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome thus far guys. The detailed pics of the kit are forthcoming, but in the meantime I have this one. Note that the snare is actually a Leedy.

49A825DD-8D85-4CC7-8F3F-F1AE4E19BD4D.jpeg

gwbasley

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
You might also want to let the guys in the Vintage section know about your project...lots of knowledge and great information there!

New heads and elbow grease would be a good start.

Philly James

Reaction score
Welcome! I'm also in Philly. Looks like you have some work ahead of you!
I’m actually not in Philly, but I’m 60 some miles west. My screen name pays homage to Joseph Rudolf “Philly Joe” Jones the drummer.

brianb

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Can’t wait to follow your progress on your restoration. I’m diggin’ the kit and the bass drum head.

AustinFitz

Reaction score
Welcome! As a lover of both vintage drums, and drum restorations I'm looking forward to seeing more posts from you. Hope you have a blast cleaning those up!

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Should be a fun project. I started on guitar like you. But I have really enjoyed learning about drums for a couple years now