Where Ludwig Custom Drums are made, even the shells

Philip T Fitzgerald

Reaction score
I have been playing drums since 1966. Back then all American drums were made in America. I knew William F. Ludwig Jr. He was a hoot. He lived in Oakbrook IL and loved to party. I lived there back in the 70s.
Anyway, I saw an article about where Ludwig makes their custom drums. I have owned 1960s and 1970s Ludwigs, Slingerlands and Rogers Drums. I recently sold my last set of Vintage Slingerlands. It's nice DW is bringing back the Slingerland brand.
I read in this week's Forum about where drums are made. I don't think American drum shells are made in the US like the old days. I saw an article below where Ludwig makes their Custom Drums. I didn't know if many of you were aware of it. I sure wasn't. Even the shells are made there. There is a page of it on Pinterest.
Thanks, Phil

Reactions: Myk

mcirish

Reaction score
I've got a Ludwig Classic Maple kit and it was made in the USA in Monroe, North Carolina.

ludwigjim

Reaction score
Just hope DW doesn’t ruin Gretchen and over engineer Slingerland

Trilock_Gurtu

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Classic Maples, Legacy Classic and Legacy Mahogany are definitely made in Monroe, NC.

And Classic Oak. There's numerous videos on Youtube showing them build shells in their Monroe Factory. I do wonder about their metal shells, though. I think they might out source those...if so, I wonder where, and by who? They also seem to make their acrylic shells in the US (see video#5). I assumed those would be made in China. Interesting.

Matched Gripper

Reaction score
Don't say this too loud!! We all know the new Rogers drum shells are made over seas because no one here in the USA is capable!!!
Is there something special about these Rogers shells that make them difficult to make?

Ox Han

Reaction score
I think the Ludwig Neusonic are also made in Monroe.

Latest posts