Where to buy 16 inch wooden bass drum hoops

Old Dog

Reaction score
I'm going to convert a floor tom. I don't know for sure if I'll swap to bass drum hoops and everything considering the cost. And, the regular hoops are brand new, etc.

I just can't find many choices online. Didn't locate any at DFD.

Thanks

Old Dog

Reaction score
Nevermind :roll:

I've already found some on DFD and elsewhere since posting this. Not sure why I didn't see them prior.

egw

Reaction score
Precision.

Some places that sell hoops just leave flat edges on both sides. Precision rounds over the outside edge, and puts a slight bevel on the inside of the part in contact with the head.

They cost a little more, but you get what you're paying for.

egw

Reaction score
Last I checked, AITWOOD now charges a "bench fee" or something, so unless you're placing a big order, it might not work out to be as cheap as their price list would indicate.

amosguy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Last I checked, AITWOOD now charges a "bench fee" or something, so unless you're placing a big order, it might not work out to be as cheap as their price list would indicate.
That is correct. When ordering, I make sure to ask for a final shipped price. Their rims are excellent and I have used them several times.

Sinclair

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A quick story if I may.
I was looking for 16 BD hoops as well a while back. From the very few options I found on line, I couldn't find any thick enough.

I was in Pro Drum a few days later for something else and on a whim asked Stan if he had any. He says hold I'll look, and disappears into the back room. Less than 30 seconds later he comes out with two, "the last two" he says, "been back there for years."

Of course they were exactly what I'd been looking for in stock...no shipping!
Put a finish on them and they were perfect. Sometimes it's kinda great to have a good drum shop around.

Reactions: egw