Where to find a trick copy throw off

bassanddrum84

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Like the header says where do I find the knock off trick throw offs? I know they exist just can’t find them. Anyone know where?

2000dan2000

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

bassanddrum84

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like the header says where do I find the knock off trick throw offs? I know they exist just can’t find them. Anyone know where?
The real one is $50 more and I'm sure it works much better and is of higher quality. I guess it depends on the application whether you need it or not. What kind of snare are you installing it on?

bassanddrum84

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The real one is $50 more and I'm sure it works much better and is of higher quality. I guess it depends on the application whether you need it or not. What kind of snare are you installing it on?
Just a shell I’m working on. I’m trying to use the cheapest coolest looking parts I can find lol and them compare them to the expensive versions. Currently using a basswood shell. Super cheap tube lugs from China super cheap hoops. I’ll post a video of the comparison once it’s done.

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a shell I’m working on. I’m trying to use the cheapest coolest looking parts I can find lol and them compare them to the expensive versions. Currently using a basswood shell. Super cheap tube lugs from China super cheap hoops. I’ll post a video of the comparison once it’s done.
Alrighty then, knock off it is! Lol..

Last edited:

esooy

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm probably shouting to the wind here, but it bothers me that people purchase those throws and support the company that stole the trick design. I would want to support the honest company that put all the work into designing it.

bassanddrum84

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm probably shouting to the wind here, but it bothers me that people purchase those throws and support the company that stole the trick design. I would want to support the honest company that put all the work into designing it.
Well as I stated above I’m doing a full on cheap snare with cheap parts and comparing the two. And it doesn’t bother me at all everything is knocked off from shoes and clothes to drum stuff. So seeing how instanbul made the clap stack and everyone else comes out with a cheaper version isn’t that a knock off? Just by a bigger brand?

bassanddrum84

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you play or own a mij stencil kit it’s a knock off just saying. So leave the buy the real stuff to yourself.

drumgadget

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Caveat emptor .......... !

M.

To add another $.02 to my original ante ........

Leaving the ethics, morals, and politics completely out of it ....... 'ya gets what 'ya pays for .........

I admit to never actually examining a knockoff Trick strainer, but I've seen plenty of junk coming out of the Far East ...... and quite a few surprisingly well-made products. A snare strainer, simple as it might seem, is functionally very dependent on the quality of the material used to make it, as well as the precision of the fit of the parts. Nothing more annoying than a strainer that won't stay in place, etc etc.

You could look at it this way: buying "the real deal" now ...... even though it's "overkill" for your current project ........ means that you have a quality part that you can always remove and repurpose when you move on to another project.

Mike

bassanddrum84

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
To add another $.02 to my original ante ........

Leaving the ethics, morals, and politics completely out of it ....... 'ya gets what 'ya pays for .........

I admit to never actually examining a knockoff Trick strainer, but I've seen plenty of junk coming out of the Far East ...... and quite a few surprisingly well-made products. A snare strainer, simple as it might seem, is functionally very dependent on the quality of the material used to make it, as well as the precision of the fit of the parts. Nothing more annoying than a strainer that won't stay in place, etc etc.

You could look at it this way: buying "the real deal" now ...... even though it's "overkill" for your current project ........ means that you have a quality part that you can always remove and repurpose when you move on to another project.

Mike
I get it but I already own three snare drums with trick throws and I have two in a parts drawer. And the get what you pay for is def true but at the same time people shouldn’t worry about what others do. Stencil kits are cheap versions of ludwigs, slingys etc people still bought them. Why? Because they were cheaper then there counterparts. And now some love those stencil kits. Same exact thing is it not? Like I said instanbul did the clap stack. So if zildjian, Sabian, paiste etc do one cheaper it’s still a knock off and a design steal isn’t it?

bassanddrum84

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I came here with one question…. And I get this crap instead. Worry about yourselves before worrying about others. I explained in replies what I’m using it for and heck if I wanted to put it on a 1000$ snare it’s MY choice. I get you’re saying it’s a lower quality and that’s exactly what I’m looking for. But the supporting the knockoff and creator design blah blah blah isn’t needed. People made it clear it’s of lower quality. I asked where to get it. Not the quality not anything else.

MitchLyons

Reaction score
I came here with one question…. And I get this crap instead. Worry about yourselves before worrying about others. I explained in replies what I’m using it for and heck if I wanted to put it on a 1000$ snare it’s MY choice.
No need to get defensive about it man, discourse comes with the territory of posting on a public forum. With that said, I don't care what you or anyone else buys for that matter. You said that you're doing an experiment comparing the real deal to a cheap copy, I think that's beyond reasonable.

Good luck and be sure to post a video comparison.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't like the Trick throw. Unnatural design for me plus too much metal going on. I think the Q should be, for $26 (price of a fake), what is the best throw? I love the P85, also the Gibraltar Slingy style for vintage snares and the Gib. piccolo throw for small snares.But you like the Trick so there you go.

A simple search on the usual sales websites would have discreetly revealed your answer.

My worry with a knockoff would be it loosening during playing or breaking in general. I can't imagine it would be as well built, obviously.

ARGuy

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you play or own a mij stencil kit it’s a knock off just saying. So leave the buy the real stuff to yourself.
And in the future, why don't you make the effort to find knock off parts on your own instead of asking for help on a public forum? I mean, if it's that important to you, why not put in the effort yourself?

Reactions: egw

bassanddrum84

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
And in the future, why don't you make the effort to find knock off parts on your own instead of asking for help on a public forum? I mean, if it's that important to you, why not put in the effort yourself?
I looked couldnt find them. So I made a post like everyone else here so in the future keep to yourself. Thread is over no one needs your two cents.

bassanddrum84

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I don't like the Trick throw. Unnatural design for me plus too much metal going on. I think the Q should be, for $26 (price of a fake), what is the best throw? I love the P85, also the Gibraltar Slingy style for vintage snares and the Gib. piccolo throw for small snares.But you like the Trick so there you go.

A simple search on the usual sales websites would have discreetly revealed your answer.

My worry with a knockoff would be it loosening during playing or breaking in general. I can't imagine it would be as well built, obviously.
Ya we will see. I’m gonna do a in depth detailed review on it compared to the real deal.