Where to find replacement lugs to fit Gretsch (apologies if this is the wrong section)

nmosko

Reaction score
First off, I wasn’t sure if this should be under wanted, or under builder or what. So I am sorry if I’m in the wrong section!!

The hole spacing on Gretsch lugs is 1 5/16. VERY specific. Can anybody point me in the right direction? I don’t know of another lug dealer besides Drum Factory Direct. Im sure I could get some direct from Gretsch, but I want them to be black/black nickel. I could always get them painted if need be though. Plus, going directly to Gretsch would likely double the price or more. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Has Gretsch ever done black nickel lugs? I don’t remember ever seeing those. The early 2000’s Broadkasters had gunmetal lugs but black or black nickel I don’ recall except maybe on some low end drums. Those lugs were not the standard size but smaller. Might be hard to find.

nmosko

Reaction score
Has Gretsch ever done black nickel lugs? I don’t remember ever seeing those. The early 2000’s Broadkasters had gunmetal lugs but black or black nickel I don’ recall except maybe on some low end drums. Those lugs were not the standard size but smaller. Might be hard to find.
I found this photo, but who knows who made it happen. When I got my Gretsch in this exact finish last year they refused to do black hardware. I also originally tried to get them to do the satin gray finish that you see on the Brooklyn series bop kits but they would not do that either… Even though I’ve seen a photo of a USA custom with that finish… So I’m not really sure if that is because Gretsch will only do certain things for some really high level artists or if they did that before and they had just stopped doing it by the time I ordered

Attachments

nmosko

Reaction score
Gretsch lugs from the factory will run me close to $200 and I don’t really have that kind of money to put on the lugs right now. I am trying to find some other ones that have the same hole sPacing. It be cool to be able to switch back-and-forth from Black to Chrome now and then! But if I need to I will just have to pay the extra money to get a set from GretscH. Itd be cool to be able to switch back-and-forth from Black to chrome!!

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
There was an ad briefly (Back cover Of a Modern Drummer) around 2005 that offered black, satin and gold
hardware (hoops etc)

but why not just buy used lugs; there's about a 1000 on ebay or I'm not understanding what OP is after

anthony marquart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
DFD should have then in black nickel?

nmosko

Reaction score
There was an ad briefly (Back cover Of a Modern Drummer) around 2005 that offered black, satin and gold
hardware (hoops etc)

but why not just buy used lugs; there's about a 1000 on ebay or I'm not understanding what OP is after
hey man! I’ve checked eBay but can’t find any Gretsch lugs with the 1 5/16 hole spacing. All I’m trying to find are replacement lugs or used Gretsch lugs with the correct spacing, which in my case is 1 5/16.

nmosko

Reaction score
no lugs on there with the correct spacing ☹. Even though they are the Gretsch style they won’t fit the modern Broadkasters. It’s frustrating lol!

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
hey man! I’ve checked eBay but can’t find any Gretsch lugs with the 1 5/16 hole spacing. All I’m trying to find are replacement lugs or used Gretsch lugs with the correct spacing, which in my case is 1 5/16.
USA? Bass drum or small tom lug?
There's only two (three if you include) the snare
since 1954- pretty sure never changed except maybe some innards)

Last edited:

nmosko

Reaction score
USA? Bass drum or small tom lug?
There's only two (three if you include) the snare
since 1954- pretty sure never changed except maybe some innards)
small tom lug. I’ll keep checking and seeing what the spacing is in the descriptions! I never even thought to check eBay though, so thank you!!!

• Wow
Reactions: JDA

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
maybe this is what you're looking for but don't hold me to it geeesh

good lord)

Rich K.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Different hole spacing than Gretsch.

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
That's a tough one. If you could find lugs with 1 1/4" spacing, you could keyhole one or both holes a little to make them fit. Lugs with 1 1/2" spacing, like those from DFD? Possible, but depends on your tolerance for irreversably modifying your drum. If I'm figuring this right, that would be a 3/16" total difference in hole spacing, which would involve elongating each hole by 3/32". Please, anyone feel free to correct me if my math is wrong!