header.nohb.html

where to get 28x28x12 box?

p83

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
looking to have a 26x10 bass shipped from buffalo to seattle on greyhound. where can my man in buffalo find a good box at a fair price?

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I had looked for one not too long ago when I sold a set with a 24” bass and could not find anything for sale. I ended up using a box from a new washing machine we bought. Maybe you could get a box from an appliance store? It takes some customization but can work.

flatwins

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my city we have at least one place which supplies boxes in all sorts of sizes as well as packing materials, etc. I’d image you could locate that type of business in Buffalo.

p83

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fedex sells a 28x28x28 double wall box for $15- cutting it down is probably the only way you are going to get a box easily that size.
i like the sound of this, thanks.

dingaling

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’ve been having a hard time finding a box to send a 24” cymbal in. 25x25x5.

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out the local music store that supplies instruments to the local schools . This time of year is when they usually receive new instruments. Surely one of the local schools just ordered a new drum line and there should be a box from a marching bass drum that will fit your needs. You just have to get to it before they throw it out.

amosguy

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
As mentioned, appliance store or big box store (pun not intended) for large boxes to cut down to create what size you need.

poot

Penncrest Endorser
Reaction score
i like the sound of this, thanks
Fedex sells a 28x28x28 double wall box for $15- cutting it down is probably the only way you are going to get a box easily that size.
This is the way to go. You know where the box is, go get it, and cut it down. Best use of your time. You'll burn up far more time searching store dumpsters for that magic fit, which is seldom magic, and often needs much more cutting down.

el_37

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I think some posters are forgetting the OP is not looking for the box- someone selling him something is. It is kind of lame to ask someone you just talked into shipping something to you, to now drive all over town looking for a rare sized free box in order for you to save $15.

Last edited: