Where you are spending your time

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
I’m an OR nurse. Working six days out of seven this week. Conserving PPE and resources and caring for those who need it. Crazy times we live in.
My sister is an ER nurse in L.A. and she never takes time off but apparently BEFORE all of this, she had requested 10 days off during this time for her anniversary. Unfortunately, she and hubby are "last minute" types so they now are stuck at home, don't want to travel, and she is getting calls daily to go in....

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
I'd give my bottom dollar to be isolated in a place like that right now
Ha, I had the same thought when I was living in California 20 years ago.
Come on down! It's a good place for an old rocker to retire! Isolated & serene.
btw-that old shack in the photo isn't really my place but I walk past it every morning, I call it "the bootlegger's shack"

bellbrass

DFO Star
Reaction score
I kind of envy those of you who are working at home or quarantined (and otherwise healthy). I'm still having to work full-time, and we have no plans to shut down or limit hours. But...maybe I have more job security than some of you who are at home. I know several folks who have been sent home, and may be out of work in a couple of weeks. My heart goes out to them. I was there in 2010.

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Ha, I had the same thought when I was living in California 20 years ago.
Come on down! It's a good place for an old rocker to retire! Isolated & serene.
btw-that old shack in the photo isn't really my place but I walk past it every morning, I call it "the bootlegger's shack"
It actually looks like this inside.
mynt-lounge-miami-clubbookers-1024x423.jpg

vintagedrummersweden

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Working as a teacher, with all my pupils (16-19 years) at home - and myself at my own home due to light symptoms of flu.
Chatting with the students, following my usual schedule, surrounded by vintage Premier, Ludwig and Paiste stuff in my temporary home office.
All the students long for school!

k_50

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I work at a day care for small children, so I've been "working from home" all week and will be doing so for at least another week, as the whole public sector has been shut down here in Denmark.
To make the best of a bad situation, and keep a healthy distance from one of my flatmates who works at a nursing home, I've gone up to my family's place in the country for some isolated relaxy-time. Right now at 11.30 pm I'm on the sofa, feet up, with my laptop, a glass of wine, a guitar, 2 books, and a pack of cigarettes all within an arm's length of distance. I should have brought a drum kit, or at least a pair of sticks and a pad.
In the daytime it's a lot of this:

This:

And this

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
I keep an eye on #1 grandaughter (9 going on 50; quite the live wire) when my daughter is at work. Otherwise, I've had time to put the iPod on shuffle and listen to ,music I've not explored in a while, as usually I'd be focusing on the next round of gigs or editing audio/video from the last bunch. I've also been checking out Alex Cohens' Murderhands page on FB; it's great for hand development. He hosts a live stream about 3PM EST; worth checking out. Beyond that I've been trying to push the envelope in terms of developing my own voice and reading new dots everyday, often from Albright, or Delacuse. And of course, there's Logic, which today decided it didn't want to record. Work to do....