Where you are spending your time

Bluenote

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So most of us are quarantined in our homes. I spent most of yesterday cleaning up the spaces that I spend most of my time in. But aside from the wife and I (and the cat...) WHO will appreciate my hard work in creating a nice clean library and studio.

So then I figured, why not start a thread to show where each of us is going to spending (only) the next few weeks (hopefully.)
I really never start many threads, so here goes, out of sheer boredom.

Come on in to the listening library. The hell with iTunes and spotify. I like to support the musicians that I admire by purchasing their recordings. Then listening to them (instead of awful sounding you tube posts and crappy mp3's) in a nice listening environment, instead of on crappy earbuds and laptop speakers. (Sorry I didn't get a chance to snap a shot of the record corner.)

I have a student who calls this his second favorite room in the world.
View attachment 431566

Yup those are tapes in the top left corner. I used to tape everything that I went to see in clubs.
View attachment 431567 View attachment 431568

Then come on in to the nice clean (but not too clean) drum room...
I never trust a guy whose workshop is TOO clean!
(By the way, that same student calls this his favorite room in the world. Good kid!!!)

View attachment 431569

Walk towards the blue set and look to the right... That's the beater (student set) of Tour Customs in Black.
View attachment 431570

Now, turn around and look at the wall... Those are the "extra" Cobalt Blues in 20, 12, 13, 14, 15,
and a few snares take one down that you want to play. Wanna trade some four's?
View attachment 431571

And as you turn and walk towards the door, there's some of the "working drums."
More Cobalt Blues and Black Nitron Gretsch's (some cased, some un-cased)
View attachment 431573

And as you walk out on your left, a few extra snares, and some more of the "working drums" cased up.
I guess they won't be going anywhere for the next few weeks.
View attachment 431572

If you are REALLY bored, I'll post some pix of the new kitchen that we just had done.
Welcome to...
View attachment 431574
Can I fix you a drink? How about a burger?

The "kitchen job" was after MANY years of savings, nothing really fancy, but I like spending time there too.
And for the first time in my life, I had a bunch of people working for me, while I sat back and "watched."
I felt "rich" (for the first time ever!) and spoiled. I can do most things around the house,
but this was way too big of a job for me to ever do.

It's weird, I'm not dreading this time off. We spend so much time running, and working, and traveling, that we really don't get much time sit back (guilt free) and enjoy or homes (the fruits of out labor.)

Call a friend, have a nice long conversation,
Help a neighbor.
LISTEN to some GREAT music, we've got the time!

Enjoy Every Sandwich!
Cheers!
MSG

Your turn....
Who's Next?
Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing. The ergonomics of the "beater" kit look superb. Like hand-drumming on a restaurant counter. Eazy peazy.

Last edited:

drummer5359

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I was doing yard work and pulled something in my back. I'm in pain, trying my absolute best to not be grumpy. I just want to say that I have a wonderful wife.

Drm1979

Reaction score
I was supposed to be in the mountains for a vacation. We decided at the last minute to cancel and stay home. So for the past week we've been home cleaning and spending time with the kids. We have 4 of then so we stocked up on food and supplies since they are all out of school until at least 4/15. I think I figured out how to record my electric drums with music on audacity so my guitarist and I can keep making demos remotely until we play again.

CC Cirillo

Reaction score
I’m a government attorney so I’m working from home as many of my cases involve essential rights such as disability payments and medical treatment. Took a deposition on Zoom the other day sitting in my Honda in my garage. Justice goes on.

I live in a box canyon abutting an open nature area so lots of hiking nearby to let my preschooler run.

However, I don’t live in a spot I can play drums and don’t have an electronic kit so no playing.

Just ordered a new practice pad which arrives in a few days. Most anticipated new gear I’ve ever purchased...!

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
Beautiful sky pic Bandit...Called the wife to check out your `drum room' in an effort to encourage future drum related purchases here.
All she said was "Oh my God" and ran away. What? I said / Brent
Thanks Shants! I am sure I have been used as a bad example for many a wife.

• Haha
Reactions: JDA

dmrsmith

Reaction score
Well I figured since I’m house bound for a while, why not try to setup three kits in my one tiny practice space in the corner of my basement. Gives me some variety I guess to keep things a little less monotonous.
B8090448-6EDA-4A56-89B4-2D946FFEE9AE.jpeg

egw

Reaction score
Man, you guys kill me. I work 60 hours a week and can only afford to live in a closet. My "man cave" consists of the real estate my electronic kit sits on (with my cymbals stashed underneath), and the space under my bed, which I elevated so I could store all my other gear.

I live 25 minutes from the nearest station, and then 45 minutes into the city, which is where I work. My next door neighbor has a big dog that barks all day 3 feet away from my living room window. There are 2 more big dogs down the hill.

I must be doing something terribly wrong.

Reactions: JDA

Rotarded

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
98% of my drums are 400 miles away in Ohio, except for a couple of snares. I'm working in Northern Virginia/DC.
But, I consider myself pretty damn lucky to be quarantined in my bosses 4000 sqft house (bachelor pad) with some ridiculous amenities.
My office has a 2 PC/5 screen setup for my trading (job = cryptocurrency trader), 1000mbps internet, Amazon Prime acct, Netflix, Spectrum, Steem acct (gaming), a 2500 sqft garage with rotary lift and full tool box, Hot tub, Pool table, a fully stocked bar/high end wine collection, and a freezer full of Omaha Steaks.

Attachments

Last edited:

BTB

Reaction score
Spending my time at the attic playing my new purchase from this weekend: a Roland TD-25 KV.
This is what it looks like:

ZiggyM

Reaction score
Some (tongue in cheek)shopping suggestions from the UK

50 Ways To Survive Coronavirus
Stay in your flat, Pat,

Don’t visit your nan, Stan,

Don’t buy all the bread, Ted,

Just listen to me,

Don’t hop on the bus, Gus,

Don’t hoard all the cous cous,

Leave some bogroll for me, Lee,

And maybe some brie.

(bog roll = toilet paper)

Reactions: egw

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
Snap Circuits with my 1st grader. He's obsessed. He's happy as a pig in a poke with Daddy here 24/7. I had to go in to the office one day last week and he locked himself in his room and cried when he found out I wasn't coming home until 5.

Reactions: egw

sammy123

Reaction score
Crazy times. I've been working from home, which sucks. But I've been practicing my rudiments every spare minute I have. I have my practice pad right next to my desk. Then I play my kit when my wife goes to bed.

I've also been doing a ton of push-ups and sit-ups.

I'm really trying hard to not watch a bunch of TV. I have a stack of books to get through and school will be resuming next week.

MrYikes

Reaction score
I drove to Dallas and spent a week helping a female friend get set and ready for this. She didn't like some of my suggestions, but I did what I could, then I drove back home. My wife was not amused.