Where you are spending your time

bob

DFO Master
Reaction score
we arrived home from our annual winter vacation in , mazatlan mexico .... i've been spending quite a bit of time in here

Attachments

Splotty

Reaction score
Just got the one kit. Everything was pretty well cleaned and organized prior to the “crisis”. I had recently replaced all heads. I could clean the cymbals but other than that playing is my main focus.

Attachments

prplx

Reaction score
I took my dual sport bike out today for a run around the property. First ride of the year.
I am waiting for the weather to get a bit warmer and the road a bit less muddy to take my gravel bike out. I can’t wait. Other then that I still work from home as usual so I spend most of my time in my office. Nothing is closer to a writer’s lifestyle then being in isolation.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
I am waiting for the weather to get a bit warmer and the road a bit less muddy to take my gravel bike out. I can’t wait. Other then that I still work from home as usual so I spend most of my time in my office. Nothing is closer to a writer’s lifestyle then being in isolation.
I will be waiting a bit for the big bikes. Need it a little bit warmer, and the salt washed off the roads. Maybe we can meet up halfway sometime this summer, or you can come all the way and check out the barn. :)

RickC

Reaction score
Since I’ve been retired for about five years, hanging out at home isn’t too new to me. I do spend a lot of time in my den, looking out the window and playing these 1999 Pearl Masters Customs......

Attachments

Erik

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
my routine has not changed much. I'm a planner for a trucking company, so I still come to work every day. Off work hours we are laying low at home and avoiding people as much as possible.

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The mother of my daughter & I have been separated for over 6 years, but have always gone out of our way to make our situation work for our daughter. They live an hour out of town & I generally have my daughter on weekends & holidays when I'm not gigging. 10 days or so ago when schools closed we decided it would be best for me to come live out there during the quarantine period, take care of my daughter during her online work hours & generally help out. I'm very grateful to get "the hell out Dodge" for now & spend my time with them. It's gorgeous up here in the mountains beyond Quebec City & social distancing is easier because we can snowshoe for hours without actually running into other people. I only had my daughters' kid drum set out here for the 1st week & I honestly had other important things to do, but yesterday we went and got my bop kit, recording gear, studio monitors, APC-40 & the whole shebang. Our government just announced financial aid to all Canadian families out of work for the next 4 months. You read right, 4 months. Don't plan your Easter party just yet!! That's all I can say without drifting into politics, so I'll leave it at that.

The Canadian Council for the arts is offering good money for streaming music performances & my organ trio are starting to put a concrete plan into action, each of us from our own homes. & I will doing drum tracks for a few other projects from here. I should have my Covid studio set up by this evening.

Be smart & safe everyone!

IMG_3024.jpg
IMG_3023.jpg

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
The mother of my daughter & I have been separated for over 6 years, but have always gone out of our way to make our situation work for our daughter. They live an hour out of town & I generally have my daughter on weekends & holidays when I'm not gigging. 10 days or so ago when schools closed we decided it would be best for me to come live out there during the quarantine period, take care of my daughter during her online work hours & generally help out. I'm very grateful to get "the hell out Dodge" for now & spend my time with them. It's gorgeous up here in the mountains beyond Quebec City & social distancing is easier because we can snowshoe for hours without actually running into other people. I only had my daughters' kid drum set out here for the 1st week & I honestly had other important things to do, but yesterday we went and got my bop kit, recording gear, studio monitors, APC-40 & the whole shebang. Our government just announced financial aid to all Canadian families out of work for the next 4 months. You read right, 4 months. Don't plan your Easter party just yet!! That's all I can say without drifting into politics, so I'll leave it at that.

The Canadian Council for the arts is offering good money for streaming music performances & my organ trio are starting to put a concrete plan into action, each of us from our own homes. & I will doing drum tracks for a few other projects from here. I should have my Covid studio set up by this evening.

Be smart & safe everyone!

View attachment 432700 View attachment 432701
Maybe a good time to try and work things out. :)

Bonzo70

Reaction score
So most of us are quarantined in our homes. I spent most of yesterday cleaning up the spaces that I spend most of my time in. But aside from the wife and I (and the cat...) WHO will appreciate my hard work in creating a nice clean library and studio.

So then I figured, why not start a thread to show where each of us is going to spending (only) the next few weeks (hopefully.)
I really never start many threads, so here goes, out of sheer boredom.

Come on in to the listening library. The hell with iTunes and spotify. I like to support the musicians that I admire by purchasing their recordings. Then listening to them (instead of awful sounding you tube posts and crappy mp3's) in a nice listening environment, instead of on crappy earbuds and laptop speakers. (Sorry I didn't get a chance to snap a shot of the record corner.)

I have a student who calls this his second favorite room in the world.
View attachment 431566

Yup those are tapes in the top left corner. I used to tape everything that I went to see in clubs.
View attachment 431567 View attachment 431568

Then come on in to the nice clean (but not too clean) drum room...
I never trust a guy whose workshop is TOO clean!
(By the way, that same student calls this his favorite room in the world. Good kid!!!)

View attachment 431569

Walk towards the blue set and look to the right... That's the beater (student set) of Tour Customs in Black.
View attachment 431570

Now, turn around and look at the wall... Those are the "extra" Cobalt Blues in 20, 12, 13, 14, 15,
and a few snares take one down that you want to play. Wanna trade some four's?
View attachment 431571

And as you turn and walk towards the door, there's some of the "working drums."
More Cobalt Blues and Black Nitron Gretsch's (some cased, some un-cased)
View attachment 431573

And as you walk out on your left, a few extra snares, and some more of the "working drums" cased up.
I guess they won't be going anywhere for the next few weeks.
View attachment 431572

If you are REALLY bored, I'll post some pix of the new kitchen that we just had done.
Welcome to...
View attachment 431574
Can I fix you a drink? How about a burger?

The "kitchen job" was after MANY years of savings, nothing really fancy, but I like spending time there too.
And for the first time in my life, I had a bunch of people working for me, while I sat back and "watched."
I felt "rich" (for the first time ever!) and spoiled. I can do most things around the house,
but this was way too big of a job for me to ever do.

It's weird, I'm not dreading this time off. We spend so much time running, and working, and traveling, that we really don't get much time sit back (guilt free) and enjoy or homes (the fruits of out labor.)

Call a friend, have a nice long conversation,
Help a neighbor.
LISTEN to some GREAT music, we've got the time!

Enjoy Every Sandwich!
Cheers!
MSG

Your turn....
Who's Next?
So most of us are quarantined in our homes. I spent most of yesterday cleaning up the spaces that I spend most of my time in. But aside from the wife and I (and the cat...) WHO will appreciate my hard work in creating a nice clean library and studio.

So then I figured, why not start a thread to show where each of us is going to spending (only) the next few weeks (hopefully.)

Come on in to the listening library. The hell with iTunes and spotify. I like to support the musicians that I admire by purchasing their recordings. Then listening to them (instead of awful sounding you tube posts and crappy mp3's) in a nice listening environment, instead of on crappy earbuds and laptop speakers. (Sorry I didn't get a chance to snap a shot of the record corner.)

View attachment 431566

Yup those are tapes in the top left corner. I used to tape everything that I went to see in clubs.

(By the way, that same student calls this his favorite room in the world. Good kid!!!)

View attachment 431569

Walk towards the blue set and look to the right... That's the beater (student set) of Tour Customs in Black.
View attachment 431570

Now, turn around and look at the wall... Those are the "extra" Cobalt Blues in 20, 12, 13, 14, 15,
View attachment 431571

View attachment 431573

And as you walk out on your left, a few extra snares, and some more of the "working drums" cased up.
View attachment 431572

If you are REALLY bored, I'll post some pix of the new kitchen that we just had done.
Welcome to...
View attachment 431574

The "kitchen job" was after MANY years of savings, nothing really fancy, but I like spending time there too.
And for the first time in my life, I had a bunch of people working for me, while I sat back and "watched."
I felt "rich" (for the first time ever!) and spoiled. I can do most things around the house,

It's weird, I'm not dreading this time off. We spend so much time running, and working, and traveling, that we really don't get much time sit back (guilt free) and enjoy or homes (the fruits of out labor.)

Help a neighbor.

Enjoy Every Sandwich!
Cheers!
MSG

Your turn....
Who's Next?

Love this post....new to DFO

View attachment 431566

View attachment 431569

View attachment 431570

View attachment 431571

View attachment 431573

View attachment 431572

Welcome to...
View attachment 431574

Help a neighbor.

Enjoy Every Sandwich!
Cheers!
MSG

Your turn....
Who's Next?
Great thread...new to Drum Forum. Here's my little practice corner. In between meetings i'll have a session or 2 channeling my inner Bonzo! Be safe Y'all.

Attachments

Cauldronics

DFO Master
Reaction score
Stuck in my apartment. On the 14th, I was tested for c-virus and found out by the 19th that I don't have it, but the doctor said to self-quarantine, regardless. I've been cooped up since, with a few ventures for groceries and supplies, and one social-distance visit with a couple of friends.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
Working on a raspberry pi music player for my son. Originally it was supposed to be screen less. I'll probably add a small album/song title screen but definitely not a general purpose touch screen.

It's mono but biamped. F-3db @45 hz. I put his signature from 2 years ago (he's 7 now) on the silk screen for the encoder breakout board I made for it.

Got it playing music now. Once I finalize the controls and screen it's time to build the box

Drm1979

Reaction score
Stuck in my apartment. On the 14th, I was tested for c-virus and found out by the 19th that I don't have it, but the doctor said to self-quarantine, regardless. I've been cooped up since, with a few ventures for groceries and supplies, and one social-distance visit with a couple of friends.
Glad you dont have it. Hopefully we'll all get back to normal before too long.

Reaction score
I'm still at work every day, six days a week. I did manage to pick up a used one of those DW practice pad tree things, so I can do some exercises at night to stay somewhat sharp while the band is on hiatus.