Votes: 17 25.8%
  • Something Else

Votes: 17 25.8%

• Total voters

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t vote as I’d be happy with all those. I guess the gold sparkle is my least fav by a hair...

vintagedrummersweden

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Oh, to answer the original question: I personally think the gold sparkle out of the listed colors. It's a wrap that has been offered by Ludwig for ages, more timeless than the modern WMP and will shine both on stage and in the studio. IMHO.

vintagedrummersweden

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but in that video Charlie's drums look like someone spilled mustard all over them. At least a sparkle pearl would reflect some of the paltry amount of light that's falling on the drums there.
Great point! But then: who doesn't like mustard?! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: JDA

Ian S

Reaction score
They are all beautiful. Each one. I guess WMP from the given selections, but I actually really liked the turquoise glitter, too.

Edit: yeah, turquoise glitter for me.

Edit 2: No, maybe the gold sparkle after all? hm, I might lose sleep, over this..

Last edited:

JimmySticks

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are all beautiful. Each one. I guess WMP from the given selections, but I actually really liked the turquoise glitter, too.

Edit: yeah, turquoise glitter for me.

Edit 2: No, maybe the gold sparkle after all? hm, I might lose sleep, over this..
Stick with the turquoise and get some sleep! :lol:

mpungercar

Reaction score
If you want you and your kit to blend into the background get a natural wood finish. As for me, I want something with more POP!

jb78

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to throw more confusion into the mix but if you're a fan of sparkle (as it would appear you are), might I suggest the champagne sparkle? I have Ludwig CMs in champagne sparkle and believe it's a particularly nice version of that wrap.

cruddola

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the question has to be asked - what would that mediocre half ass non musical gymnastic chop freak no swing not a jazz drummer named Buddy Rich choose? Or maybe I should ask, what would the 80/20 hipster jazz master Nate Smith choose?

Hey, just keeping with the Buddy Rich theme lately!
Who's Nate Smith?

Nubs

Reaction score
Sorry to throw more confusion into the mix but if you're a fan of sparkle (as it would appear you are), might I suggest the champagne sparkle? I have Ludwig CMs in champagne sparkle and believe it's a particularly nice version of that wrap.
Oh yes, I'm a big fan of the champagne sparkle as well! But, like the turquoise, it doesn't seem to be a currently available option from Ludwig. I was picking colors from their site for the Classic Maple line.

JimmySticks

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who's Nate Smith?
Hes the YouTube guy that does the 80/20 videos. He started all of this Buddy Rich hate with one of his videos where he denigrated Rich to push a bunch of newbie jazzers he feels are much better.

Normally, I kind of enjoy the Nates videos, but this was click bait IMHO...