• Total voters

Browny

Reaction score
Of the four you mentioned my preferential order would be

1. Gold Sparkle
2. WMP
3. Olive oyster
4. Bronze

I’d also take a look at black sparkle and white glitter, I’d have those above olive oyster and around WMP. If Champagne Sparkle was an option it’d be #1.

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
Ok I pretty much have my mind made up that I'm going to get a Ludwig Classic Maple 20/12/14 as my next kit. The question is, which color? I'm glad to see that model comes in so many shades, but I know it's going to be hard to settle on just 1 color.

First, let's get what I don't want out of the way. No black or red...way too boring and I hate red. Having said that, here's what I DO want. I'm looking for a classy, yet somewhat different color. I like the oyster shades, but black or blue oyster is out. And I'm not all that crazy about the natural colors either.

Here are the ones I'm particularly interested in:

Vintage White Marine:

Olive Oyster:

Vintage Bronze Mist:

Gold Sparkle:

I think I'd be happy with any of these colors. Which would you go with? Or do you have another suggestion?

Thanks!
So...which have you decided on?

jaymandude

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are funny with these cockamoon need for wrapped drums. With the way the glues and wraps and drum making have changed I personally think it's only a matter of time until they start bubbling. It's not an if, but a when..

Thats me, I'm the weird guy that thinks lacquer or satin oil sounds better as well, so don't listen to me...

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm at the point I don't want to play dark (like black or carbon grey) drums. They depress me. Maybe that's just when I walk up to them. but I don't wanna live with dark carbon colrs
and I have 1

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
See what I mean? Go wood; then, "seeing"..won't be an issue.

think I'll go down and visit with my satin rosewoods not a tree..but similar...
And I like trees too.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
I chose WMP in the poll, but the Gold Sparkle was a very close second. You mentioned classy and I don't think there's anything classier than WMP. To me, that's the white tie of drum finishes. The gold sparkle is really nice as well and almost as classy as WMP. Honestly, you can't go wrong with either of those or your other choices. I'd chip away at your list by eliminating the ones that don't quite do it for you, then if you have to, flip a coin.

sternerp

Reaction score
Ok I pretty much have my mind made up that I'm going to get a Ludwig Classic Maple 20/12/14 as my next kit. The question is, which color? I'm glad to see that model comes in so many shades, but I know it's going to be hard to settle on just 1 color.

First, let's get what I don't want out of the way. No black or red...way too boring and I hate red. Having said that, here's what I DO want. I'm looking for a classy, yet somewhat different color. I like the oyster shades, but black or blue oyster is out. And I'm not all that crazy about the natural colors either.

Here are the ones I'm particularly interested in:

Vintage White Marine:

Olive Oyster:

Vintage Bronze Mist:

Gold Sparkle:

I think I'd be happy with any of these colors. Which would you go with? Or do you have another suggestion?

Thanks!
My first choice is always WMP; I have a 1968 Ludwig Hollywood that still looks great after 52 years. The Olive Oyster is very classy, and I would consider it if I were buying one.

Attachments

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I bought my Classic Maple kit, the choices were a bit different and a little more limited, but I ended up going with Cherry Stain Lacquer....

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
...of course Terry Williams made Silver Sparkle look SOOOOO good, during his time with Rockpile.....

1606250781715.png

1606250692719.png

...makes 'em louder, too. ;)

Elvis