Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
you scroll down
to find the poll option; you can edit and add it now, even afterward

bon viesta

Reaction score
you scroll down
to find the poll option; you can edit and add it now, even afterward
i’m on phone so maybe that’s it but i cannot see anything down below anywhere, all message settings or inserts are above and looking around there i don’t see anything for polls.

Reactions: JDA

dsop

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I like the Blue/Olive, probably because it was "the" badge when I was first looking at Ludwig in the 70s.

bon viesta

Reaction score
glad to see blue and olive around here! these people know what’s good. blue and olive just looks so classic, even if they’ve got the rounded corners with the black little bar thing. i don’t think you’d even be able to notice if you weren’t within 1-2 feet of the drum in question.

Last edited:

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
I like the small newer version of the keystone badge. A while ago when I was looking to get a Ludwig set the larger flat badge kept me from getting a kit or two. It’s the same thing with there one size only tube lugs on 6.5 snares. Too short for me.

bon viesta

Reaction score
i don’t know what kind of paint of whatever they used on those 60s keystone badges but they have NEVER been replicated with any repro i’ve seen online or with the legacy badge. they look dark brown in poor lighting or simply just indirect lighting but look bright yellow and golden when you put a light on them.

2000dan2000

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man, the new cast keystone is totally the bee’s knees... combines ‘that’ classic Ludwig style with some heft and substance. That is hands down my favorite Ludwig badge of all generations! ...with the OG Keystone being a close #2. The new Legacy Keystone somehow misses the mark, I don’t know what it is... is it printed vs stamped? I legitimately haven’t inspected one up close but it just doesn’t stack up to the original

exliontamer

Reaction score
I promise I'm not being contrarian. I just really think these are the best sounding drums they made. To be fair, I've never been crazy about their kits other than those late 50s WFLs, which are silly nice to my ears, but as far as snare drums go the best one I have ever played or owned(that's a lot) is my old late 60s 5x14 supraphonic. I've played ones from every era and they all sound great. ALL OF THEM. You can climb Everest with a 5x14 Supra with a coated ambassador. Also I'm not into the blue and olive badge. It looks like it belongs on gimmicky 70s kitchen appliances.
I also feel the need to clarify that a lot of my favorite drummers play/played and sound/sounded amazing with Ludwigs. They just don't work for me.

images.jpeg