Which snare for Saturday’s gig…..hmm

notINtheband

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A4208BF4-6469-445A-BC1A-2AC83481A604.jpeg

Saturday I’m playing a gig with the Southern rock/Country band I’ve recently been playing for.
2-hour set for a downtown event open to the public.
Last night at rehearsal it was revealed to me that during one of our covers we will break into the opening/first verse of ‘When the Levee Breaks’.
I had been mulling over which snare to use for the gig as I have been getting lots of compliments on my Wraith the past couple shows, mostly from FOH.
But the decision was made when I heard this.
Gonna use my ‘76 LM-402.
Even went so far as to blast the original through my speakers and hold the tune-bot up to the speakers at the intro. Took the reading from the recording and tuned the snare to produce the same note.
Now, will anyone in the audience, sound crew, rest of the band, will anybody notice or appreciate any of that?
Doubtful.
But it makes me feel pretty good.
Now all I need to do is spend the next 48 hours chanting to myself, ‘don’t rush, don’t rush, don’t rush..’
LOL

Last edited:

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Only you will know, but kudos for going the extra mile ..... I only have one snare drum these days so my choices are always easier ... :)

Quai34

Reaction score
Ok put the 3 snares you have around you, then, you could decide and changenduring the show on the spot....heu wait...well, it may also have something to be with me getting older too !!??