Which throw for a Supra?

ZackPomerleau

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has used the Dunnett R4 on a supra or the Inde. I'm not sure which way to go. I will be on the road for about eight weeks coming up and need something that'll take it.

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Inde all the way. The Dunnett protrudes too much, is clumsily over-engineered, and looks out of place on a vintage style drum.
+1. The Inde is great and fits like a glove. Smooth as butter and looks at home on a Supra. Here it’s on my 1920’s Ludwig:

0F9D4F76-5025-4FED-9B6E-CE46186E0DF5.jpeg

Peterk256

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Without a doubt, the INde is a great strainer. However, why not consider the Ludwig P88? There was a thread on this not long ago and the P88 received excellent reviews! I'm using one on my custom NOB shell (Worldmax) and parts from an Acrolite I had.

-Mark
Agree on the P88. I have it on my LM402 and Classic Maple snares. Looks and works great. Looks better than the INDe because the mount is not trying to be universal. I had problems with the bead interfering on the LM402 with the INDe, Josh sent me plastic spacers to help but I used the strainer on another drum.

jaymandude

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I gotta say.. I'm really fussy about this stuff.

The inde is a great strainer, but damnit, it just doesn't look right on some drums. I dislike the Trick with a vengance so I tried it on a Craviotto. Uggggh.. no good. A few others it's fine. Not great. On a Ludwig, just ok ...

For a Supra ? I'd do the P88.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
P83 (KB era snare) or P85 (later eras) - although I am not a huge fan of the P86, that could also work.......

Dave HCV

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I replaced the P85 with a P86 many years ago and have been entirely satisfied with it. If I was doing that today, though, I would look at the P88 or the INDe.

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
You can't go wrong with the P88AC, P85AC, or iNDE... I have them all, and they all fit and work great. I'm using the iNDE on my Oriollo Phantom 65.

P88AC (Newest)
lb464rtdthrowoffsmall.jpg

P85AC (Atlas)
lb417throwoffsmall.jpg

iNDE
phantom653small.jpg

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
All nice snare drums above! My take is that since the OP is looking for a strainer specifically for his Supra, why not just get the new Ludwig P88AC with the hole pattern designed specifically to replace P83, P85 and P86 strainers? I have no issues with the INde, but the long foot pattern is designed to accommodate multiple hole patterns. And, the P88 just looks correct on the Supra! Just my two cents!

-Mark

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
All nice snare drums above! My take is that since the OP is looking for a strainer specifically for his Supra, why not just get the new Ludwig P88AC with the hole pattern designed specifically to replace P83, P85 and P86 strainers? I have no issues with the INde, but the long foot pattern is designed to accommodate multiple hole patterns. And, the P88 just looks correct on the Supra! Just my two cents!

-Mark
I understand what you're saying, but any throw off that doesn't require additional holes is "correct" for me. I also think the Ludwig throw off makes more sense because the brands match, but some people don't care about that.

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying, but any throw off that doesn't require additional holes is "correct" for me. I also think the Ludwig throw off makes more sense because the brands match, but some people don't care about that.
You are correct on both counts! Yes, the INDe is a fine throw, as is the P88. Since either one has to be ordered, and since it's for a Supra, I would order the P88.

-Mark

Latest posts