Which would you choose?

ludwigjim

Reaction score
UPDATE: Based on my past experiences and fellow Forum members recommendations, I found a pristine Supraphonic today in Guitar Center East Brunswick, NJ. The drum is in my estimation about a 2010 or so. I base this on the following. NO gaskets, an absolutely horribly stiff P-85 & a boat anchor P-34(?) butt plate. I totally disassembled the drum and cleaned and polished everything, not that it really needed much cleaning but that's just me. The snare side Ludwig head was pristine as were the wires. I like a Coated Ambassador batter so that's what it now has. Also installed a P-88 strainer & a P-35 butt.
Drum tuned up quickly & to my liking. Very happy with the find. Shout out to Jonathan at the store for being a nice kid and great salesman with a wonderful understanding of exactly where I was going.
Thanks again for the recommendations from all of you...........

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Tough call. I guess the Supra makes sense as it is so versatile and would also "match" with any kit that you put it with. But in regards to sound, I usually play my matching Jazz Festivals instead of my Supras when I have the chance. Can't lose with either one. That's for sure.

Mike