Who’s Hyped for the Genesis Reunion Tour?

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not me, but I’m surprised the Noodly-Doodly heads aren’t talking about this fall tour. I’ll be interested to see who’s playing drums.

From People:
Genesis Will Bring the Invisible Touch Back to North America with First U.S. Tour in 14 Years
Their previously announced The Last Domino? U.K. and Ireland reunion tour is coming stateside
I will follow you, will you follow me ... to see Genesis in tour in North America for the first time in 14 years?

The band announced the news on their social media on Thursday. "Genesis confirm their highly anticipated return to North America for the first time in 14 years," their tweet said. "The Last Domino? Tour 2021 will have @tonybanksmusic @PhilCollinsFeed & Mike Rutherford playing major cities across the U.S. & Canada this November & December."

Last edited:

Polska

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Saw them years ago (Abacab tour) but even though I like the band and they are coming to Buffalo, there are only a couple bands I'm willing to shell out triple figures for (which I'm assuming tix will run), and they are not one of them.

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This is, in one picture, all of the reasons why I never got married... And never will.
Sheeesh, you aint lyin'!!!

I guess this is a case of 'you get what you pay for,' and by that I mean if you don't pay attention, this is the kind of trouble ya get.

wayne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I can see her in a military uniform, in a cage with a whip and chair...etc,etc.

5 Style

DFO Star
Reaction score
I've been lucky enough to see the band a few times, though both well after the era that I dig most. As far as I'm concerned the best stuff that they did was the Gabriel era and a few of the albums that they made immediately after he left. I was a teenager in the 80s when they were at their hight of popularity, but I don't have much nostalgia about that music and find it pretty unmemorable. Sometimes, I think that it's better to remember the bands you dig from the records of them that you like most, rather than going to see something which isn't likely to match that and will cost a small fortune to see.

Last edited:

Deafmoon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The last time I saw Genesis was 1981 tour. The set list comprised: Behind the Lines/Duchess/The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, Dodo, Abacab, Carpet Crawlers, Firth of Fifth, Man on the Corner, Who Dunnit?, Misunderstanding, Me & Sarah Jane, No Reply At All, In The Cage/Cinema Show/Slippermen/Afterglow, Turn It On Again, Dance On A Volcano/Los Endos, I Know What I Like.
This tour they will no doubt add Mama, Home By The Sea, No Son Of Mine, Illegal Alien,Throwing it all Away, Domino and Fading Lights; so you can pretty much eliminate Carpet Crawlers, Firth, Cinema Show, In The Cage, Colony of Slipperman, Afterglow and Dance on the Volcano. And that leaves Phils Pop side.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
that was 1973... I was leaning against the wall with all 5 of them Gabriel included who had... Giant Flower Petals outlining his face ...
Friend of mine's uncle ran the show and "hired" me and his nephew to "guard" all the fire exits.
That's how I found myself backstage with them, they waiting to go onstage.
I think Lou Reed opened for them (or that was another show "we worked"..
skipped school and thumbed

https://www.reddit.com/r/pittsburgh/comments/5t2o2v
there it is/was dudes....
Lou Reed was fall over drunk (audience never noticed)
and had a country & western drummer I'll never forget) to this day like to know who that drummer was that backed up Lou it was like a pick up band (drummer had a cowboy hat on)..That was early Transformer days tour he was (getting to be) huge

SideShowProductions.jpg

Sideshow Productions
we/I worked about six shows/ David Bowie called me out at afternoon soundcheck/ I was in the Balcony empty theater/ checking my "fire exit" position..... he spotted me and said "Out" ( no one was permitted to see him before the actual show) ha! (that was Stanley theater- a prestigious place)
Blue Oyster Cult, Mahavishnu Orchestra (w/ BC) all played the Alpine Arena which was a hockey rink behind Ch. 4 WTAE station.

SideShowProductions.jpg
See that fine print "Tickets available at National Record Mart, Heads Together Squirrel Hill, Valozzi Motors, Valozzi Restaurant Greensburg"
Valozzi was my friends last name)

SideshowP3.jpg SideshowP3.jpg

SideshowP3.jpg

Last edited:

esooy

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would hope Chester Thompson would do the shows. And yes a triple digit ticket is a no go for me. I’d bet the farm the tour doesn’t happen until 2022.

Santino

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would hope Chester Thompson would do the shows. And yes a triple digit ticket is a no go for me. I’d bet the farm the tour doesn’t happen until 2022.
Phil's son is probably sitting behind the kit and not Chester. His son is playing his solo shows.

ThomFloor

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nic Collins is the drummer. His dad is the singer :)
Sadly Phil and Chester fell out years ago. Phil has not spoken to him since.
I love Genesis but stop at Duke or Abacab and remember all the good times before that.
Phil sitting in a chair and singing...no thanks.