Who’s Hyped for the Genesis Reunion Tour?

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to be like a Broadway ( no pun Lamb) Show...those that will have paid what is is?- $125-$275? For a chair will walk out and say it was the Greatest thing they've even seen the Greatest Show on Earth... The Production will be presented as to you "get your moneys" worth.

that's the way it's done; you can't stop it You can or can't criticize it; everyone will walk out Fully Satisfied
Probably be baby pictures of each member (not their member) illuminated on a Giant Screen.. Pictures you no one has ever seen..

I promise you the couple that paid $275 per seat will walk out to a camera and microphone on the sidewalk and say "we've never seen anything like it it was worth 10 times the cost of tickets and guess what Marty proposed to me Just as they were doing Lamb Lies Down On Broadway" what more could a gal or guy ask for..." Drums? Yeah there might have been Drums? but my gosh it was a spectacular event!"

Last edited:

5 Style

DFO Star
Reaction score
that was 1973... I was leaning against the wall with all 5 of them Gabriel included who had... Giant Flower Petals outlining his face ...
Friend of mine's uncle ran the show and "hired" me and his nephew to "guard" all the fire exits.
That's how I found myself backstage with them, they waiting to go onstage.
I think Lou Reed opened for them (or that was another show "we worked"..
skipped school and thumbed

https://www.reddit.com/r/pittsburgh/comments/5t2o2v
there it is/was dudes....
Lou Reed was fall over drunk (audience never noticed)
and had a country & western drummer I'll never forget) to this day like to know who that drummer was that backed up Lou it was like a pick up band (drummer had a cowboy hat on)..That was Transformer days tour he was (getting to be) huge

View attachment 497812

Sideshow Productions
we/I worked about six shows/ David Bowie called me out at afternoon soundcheck/ I was in the Balcony empty theater/ checking my "fire exit" position..... he spotted me and said "Out" ( no one was permitted to see him before the actual show) ha! (that was Stanley theater- a prestigious place)
Blue Oyster Cult, Mahavishnu Orchestra (w/ BC) all played the Alpine Arena which was a hockey rink behind Ch. 4 WTAE station.

View attachment 497812
See that fine print "Tickets available at National Record Mart, Heads Together Squirrel Hill, Valozzi Motors, Valozzi Restaurant Greensburg"
Valozzi was my friends last name)

View attachment 497816 View attachment 497816

View attachment 497816
Cool... Hard to believe that Lou Reed was the opener for Genesis, but I know that this is the way that it is sometimes - that there isn't really much of an effort to come up with a coherent type billing. I'm a huge Lou Reed fan and have seen him a number of times. I'm way too young though to have seen him in the Transformer days but that would have been a treat... though I could imagine that with the pickup band and the substance and attitude problems that he was having at the time that it may have been a rough performance. I feel like he really honed his thing in the 80-90s as all of the shows that I saw were really tight...

I've seen John McLauglin several times too, though again I'm too young to have seen the Mahavishnu Orchestra, though I did see something that he called Mahavishnu, but I have to say that was a bit of a disappointment as they didn't play any of the old stuff and what they did play wasn't the most memorable material. I do love that Mahavishnu band, particularly the original one with Cobham.

I've seen BOC a few times as well and I'm a big fan. One time, I actually got to meet them backstage as a friend of a friend built the current bass player's bass (and was able to get 4 of us in for free!). Those guys seem like they'd be fun to hang out with. They seemed pretty easy going and they have a good sense of humor (listen to the lyrics!). There was a sort of "receiving line," arrangement backstage, with a line of folks waiting to meet the band. I said something about feeling like I was at a wedding, giving my regards to the bride and groom... and they all laughed.

Last edited:

hsosdrum

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool... Hard to belive that Lou Reed was the opener for Genesis, but I know that this is the way that it is sometimes - that there isn't really much of an effort to come up with a coherent type billing...
When I saw Yes at the Whiskey Au Go Go in late-'71/early-'72 (around when Fragile was released) the opening act was Mary Wells!

P.S. I saw Genesis in '77 on the Wind and Wuthering tour (the first one with Chester Thompson). Good show, but Phil spent way too much time out front. I'll definitely be missing them this time around. (IMHO, the only rock musicians allowed to sit on stage are drummers and Robert Fripp.)

musiqman

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Nope. Glad I saw them in 2007.

They did the old and new hits.

1. Behind the Lines
  2. Duke's End
  3. Turn It On Again
  4. No Son of Mine
  5. Land of Confusion
  6. In the Cage
  7. The Cinema Show
  8. Duke's Travels
  9. Afterglow
  10. Hold on My Heart
  11. Home by the Sea
  12. Second Home by the Sea
  13. Follow You Follow Me
  14. Firth of Fifth
  15. I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)
  16. Mama
  17. Ripples...
  18. Throwing It All Away
  19. Domino
  20. Drum Duet
  21. Los Endos
  22. Tonight, Tonight, Tonight
  23. Invisible Touch
  24. I Can't Dance
  25. The Carpet Crawlers

I love the old songs just as much as the newer songs (80’s kid) thanks to my father.

Phil just can’t cut it anymore and Chester being absent (he retured and they aren’t on good terms) is uderstanable but a no go for me.

I’ll keep the memory as it was. Killer back then.

Last edited:

halldorl

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me, the last Genesis album worth listening to was Seconds Out. That’s a few years ago...

mydadisjr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Phil just creeps me out any more, sitting there on stage like a shriveled up troll. I cannot imagine paying big $$ to see him.

Here's before and after shots of the loving couple... what 20 years will do to you!!

phil-collins-2.jpg

Phil-Collins-Orianne-Cevey.jpg

budrock

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was a massive Genesis fan and even played in a Genesis tribute band. This is what I immediately think of when I see Phil sitting on an office chair and singing on stage:

Lol. I remember seeing that on SCTV way back when. Hilarious.

esooy

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me, Genesis isn't Genesis without Phil or Chester playing drums.

Do you think Neil or Buddy would have been able to play that gig? [dons the camo and dives into foxhole to avoid the bullets]. :angel12:

pgm554

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
To me, Genesis isn't Genesis without Phil or Chester playing drums.

Do you think Neil or Buddy would have been able to play that gig? [dons the camo and dives into foxhole to avoid the bullets]. :angel12:
Neil ,yes,Buddy no.
Too much a fish out of water for Buddy.

TheMattJones88

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm a Genesis fan, but no Peter Gabriel, no sale. I'll probably just go shell out to see The Musical Box the next time they're in town.

New2drumming

Reaction score
shame Phil and Chester fell out... I saw them in 1987 on the Invisible touch tour and the drum duet they did was incredible
I know they aren't coming to New Zealand, but even if they were I probably wouldn't go and see them again.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
Nope. Glad I saw them in 2007.

They did the old and new hits.

1. Behind the Lines
  2. Duke's End
  3. Turn It On Again
  4. No Son of Mine
  5. Land of Confusion
  6. In the Cage
  7. The Cinema Show
  8. Duke's Travels
  9. Afterglow
  10. Hold on My Heart
  11. Home by the Sea
  12. Second Home by the Sea
  13. Follow You Follow Me
  14. Firth of Fifth
  15. I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)
  16. Mama
  17. Ripples...
  18. Throwing It All Away
  19. Domino
  20. Drum Duet
  21. Los Endos
  22. Tonight, Tonight, Tonight
  23. Invisible Touch
  24. I Can't Dance
  25. The Carpet Crawlers

I love the old songs just as much as the newer songs (80’s kid) thanks to my father.

Phil just can’t cut it anymore and Chester being absent (he retured and they aren’t on good terms) is uderstanable but a no go for me.

I’ll keep the memory as it was. Killer back then.
Only time I saw them was in the late 70's early 80's in Toronto. Great Drum duet.