Who’s the drummer, Dionne Warwick...

Sinclair

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Very cool Dave. I really enjoyed that. It's nice to hear a recording of a live performance without the auto tuned quantized post production tricks of today that often sterilize everything. I'm sure there's a great back story to the show.
BTW to the young drummers that don't think this is exciting enough...try playing perfect time and feel under pressure when the red light's on with one shot to get it right. It'll raise your blood pressure, I guarantee it.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Reaction score
Well I don't often do this, but seeing as this seems to be thread to post versions of "I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself"... I have some fond memories of this one... :)

Wow ok, it took me a while to figure that you were actually the guy sitting there. So I took a minute to educate myself and checked out your site, discography and bio. Congratulations on your impressive body of work. There is a lot of tasty stuff in there. If you ever feel inclined to tell stories of that era, as suggested by JDA, I'm sure we won't be the only two members to be all ears (or rather all eyes).

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
heavy Burt Bacharach jazz song you can play multiple cross rhythms 2:3 thru it's free---> a Blues 12/8+ straight 4-->

Drum to it- and see what ideas

mirror:

Last edited:

Scott K Fish

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Following up on the original question about who's playing on Dionne Warwick's "I Don't Know What To Do With Myself." I asked Gary Chester's daughter, Katrina, if she knows if it's her father. Here is what she said:

I listened and it sounds like dad. Then I searched online hoping not to have to break open contracts and credits, but there is no musician listing ANYWHERE.

Here’s the thing - Burt Bacharach told me himself that if his song was recorded in NYC -- and this DrumForum.org song was recorded at Bell Sound in 1966 -- Burt told me he would only use Gary Chester. Dad and many studio musicians basically could have had beds at Bell Sound. They were there SOOO much.

With the recording at the Brill Building and Bell Sound; with Dionne Warwick telling me the same thing as Burt did about using Gary on sessions -- there is a 99% chance it’s my father.

I will look for anything else I can find. // Xo Katrina

Last edited:

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Following up on the original question about who's playing on Dionne Warwick's "I Don't Know What To Do With Myself." I asked Gary Chester's daughter, Katrina, if she knows if it's her father. Here is what she said:

I listened and it sounds like dad. Then I searched online hoping not to have to break open contracts and credits, but there is no musician listing ANYWHERE.

Here’s the thing - Burt Bacharach told me himself that if his song was recorded in NYC -- and this DrumForum.org song was recorded at Bell Sound in 1966 -- Burt told me he would only use Gary Chester. Dad and many studio musicians basically could have had beds at Bell Sound. They were there SOOO much.

With the recording at the Brill Building and Bell Sound; with Dionne Warwick telling me the same thing as Burt did about using Gary on sessions -- there is a 99% chance it’s my father.

I will look for anything else I can find. // Xo Katrina
That sound definitive enough, to me, to label it "Definitive".
Good work Scott. -b

Elvis

Latest posts